Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Outlet Bartender to join our team at the Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort location in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
The Outlet Bartender is responsible for providing the highest quality service to guests and servers and maintaining the Wyndham Standards of cleanliness and sanitation while following the direction from all management.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate. * Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred. * Must be of legal age to serve alcoholic beverages, according to local state laws.*Must maintain a professional appearance and a Can-Do, positive attitude towards all guests and staff. * Flexible and long hours sometimes required. * Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. * Ability to stand for the entire shift. * Previous bartending experience helpful. * Fully bilingual (English and Spanish) *Flaring bartending experience preferred. *Able to work a flexible schedule that includes rotating shifts, weekends, holidays and nights.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Process guests’ checks, collect cash and process credit cards and room charges according to standards.
- Perform opening and closing side work according to standards to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the standards, for mixing, portion control and presentation.
- Serve guests with all food and beverage requirements in a warm, friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ensure the lounge areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Be familiar with the computer system.
- Carry out cashiering functions by closing checks and servicing the guest.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Assist in maintaining beverage cost.
- Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests, and when necessary report to management.
- Complete beverage requisitions to maintain par levels as needed. (bottle for bottle method).
- Stock and clean glassware.
- Check soda tanks to ensure that they are full and secured properly to the bar.
- Prepare all garnishes.
- Assist in cleaning of tables and all lounge area as needed.
- Break down bar after the completion of functions, storing liquor, supplies and equipment according to the hotel’s standards
- Ensure that the bar and service areas are kept clean and tidy during service
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Rio Mar Beach Grand Resort, 6000 Rio Mar Blvd, Rio Grande, Puerto Rico 00745
Employment Status: Full-time
Read Full Description