Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 120,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 12 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions through its Digital Transformation Factory, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across all business sectors. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline. Atos is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
JOB DESCRIPTION -
- Onsite Position in Mount Clemens, Michigan
- Provides overall strategic, financial, operational management and leadership for the Health Information Management Department.
- Responsible for overseeing the planning, organizing and execution of health information management services provided as well as new business development opportunities.
- Establishes, actively maintains and manages relationships with customers and vendors to ensure a service oriented, high quality operational and support environment for all systems and departments.
- Identifies revenue generating opportunities and pursues additional service requests in collaboration with site client executives.
- Serves as an internal consultant on health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage and record retention as well as authorship and authentication of health record documentation.
- Reviews, analyses and manages departmental projects to ensure proper completion according to time schedules and budgets developed in conjunction with the client.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring standardization and "best practices" for all service delivery areas.
- Participates in the development, implementation and accomplishment of annual HIM business plan.
- Participates in system-wide policy development to ensure consistent practices between HIM facilities
- Provides leadership to HIM employees by practicing fair and consistent treatment while enforcing staff compliance with corporate policies.
- Additional duties
- Actively supports and participates in organizational functions external to the division such as community projects and employee appreciation activities.
- Attends educational opportunities to expand understanding of the operation business of the health care industry.
- Performs other duties as required to meet departmental or organizational objectives.
Education, Experience & Licensure:
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Master's degree in health information management or related field, preferred
- RHIT or RHIA certification required.
- Member of American Health Information Management Association with maintenance of continuing education requirements.
- Three or more years of management experience in health care in an acute care facility.
- Previous experience in hospital setting preferred
Skills & Requirements:
- Broad knowledge of healthcare business operations
- Excellent analytical skills to discuss problems, analyze solutions/options, evaluate and enable improvement of process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a diverse customer base including, physicians, executive leadership and both technical and administrative staff.
- Leadership skills such as coaching, and conflict resolutions to aide in the development of departmental personnel.
- Knowledge of information systems and health care applications and revenue cycle principles
- Project management skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Read Full Description