At Uber, we believe that the User Experience of our Drivers, Riders, Couriers and Restaurant owners is paramount to our success. As a Product Manager in this discipline, you will work on solving a variety of problems that allow us to provide a magical experience for our users; from working with Design/Research to build beautiful workflows for Rider onboarding, to establishing Uber as a best in class experience for our Drivers, to designing seamless methods for Restaurants to sell their food on UberEats. With your eye for design and experiences, you will shape the way that our users interact with our products.
What You'll Do
The world of digital products is complex and ever-expanding. This is a representative sampling of the problems you might be tackling on the team:
- Partner closely with UX to create best in class design and experiences for users across the globe
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap and design of entirely new Uber products and features to deliver against team and company goals.
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your specific team. Need a deep empathy for our drivers and partners.
- Understand the vision and strategy for your team and get all members of cross-functional team aligned to deliver state of the art functionality.
- Challenge all members of cross-functional team (engineering, design, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Drive cross-functional teams to flawless and timely executions.
- Monitor and measure launched features and feed insights back into product development process.
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal partners to all Uber employees.
What You'll Need
- Minimum 3 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Deep experience partnering closely with Designers and UX Researchers to design and launch best in class UI features
- Experience with rapid prototyping of new design features
- Customer Obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
- Experience building and launching consumer facing products at scale
- Examples of your products which display a delightful user experience and deep user empathy
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every last pump of caramel syrup.
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and crafit it into an insightful story. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting delayed.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Read Full Description