FHI 360 seeks a seasoned Deputy Chief of Party for Finance, Administration, and Management in anticipation of a USAID-funded Multi-Sectoral RMNCH and Nutrition opportunity in Uganda. The main function will be to provide financial and administration oversight for all aspects of the project in accordance with USAID regulations. The individual will be responsible for budget forecasting, expenditure tracking, and financial analysis, as well as procurement, grant and contract management. Manages, administers, and directs the control of the budget, security policy, and administrative and human resources functions. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control and key administrative decisions, in concert with role on the senior management team. Selects, develop, and evaluate financial and operations management personnel to ensure the efficient and collaborative project support operations. Ensures compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
The position shall be based in Kamapala, Uganda and will be contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of administration, finance, operations, and management issues.
- Reviews, provides input, and periodically updates operations, administrative, and financial office policy and protocols.
- Develops job descriptions for operational management positions and provides direct oversight to these personnel.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast.
- Provides recommendations on financial projects and compliances and assists with development and management of internal financial audits.
- Participates and provides financial reporting for annual budget planning, pipeline analysis, audit reviews and assessments.
- Provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP). Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) may also be required.
- Review procurement requests and payment vouchers for purchasing of goods and services and for program activities, and assure that all disbursements or reimbursements are made in compliance with FHI policy and applicable to donor rules and regulations.
- Reviews security data with security manager and provides oversight and guidance in safety measures for all office staff.
- Supervises the management of the office and encourages a collaborative, cohesive working environment.
- Reviews implementing partner budgets for correctness and verify that budgets conform to FHI and donor regulations.
- Provide administrative, financial, accounting and other technical assistance as required to FHI staff and/or implementing agency staff.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in management, business, accounting, finance, law, or another relevant subject.
- At least 5-8 years working experience in operations, finance, administration, and program management on similar, international, donor-funded programs.
- Proven experience managing a financial analysis department is required.
- Excellent knowledge on USG rules and regulations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; and additional host country language is a plus.
- Ability to transfer knowledge/skills and work well with others, including local and foreign colleagues, implementing agency and government staff.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and respond in a timely manner.
- CPA Certification preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Read Full Description