Auto req ID
Location of Role
External Job Title
Director – Product management
We are looking for a Director to join our Product Management team within our Chennai division. This is a team management role. Your job will involve ownership of complex and/or multiple products areas within their overarching Product’s portfolio. This includes understanding the market and customer, contributing to a product vision, developing business cases, driving the creation and delivery of the product. But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone who demonstrates extensive experience with product and software design, development and deployment. Ensures the team has a right mix of skills and leverages on the strengths of the individual team members.
The Team: Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) is a core service offered by athena through our Collector product and related services. Collector product teams in Chennai are responsible for developing and delivering the roadmap for the product.
- Leads multiple initiatives spanning full lifecycle; creates multi-release product roadmaps (multi-release) and communicates internally, noting the stages and timelines for various work.
- Determines whether experiments, alpha and/or beta stages are needed to determine Product-Market fit and appropriately defines and utilizes them
- Works with the Product Leadership to prioritize problems or themes to reach the outcomes
- Defines the outcome for sprints and releases and prioritizes the initiatives for the scrum teams.
- Works with the UX team to identify and understand the user problems and requirements.
- Analyzes the scope of the product area and makes decisions about the actions needed on how to proceed to realize the outcomes outlined in the product strategy
- Works with the developers and designers to build a product that meets the expected outcomes and market needs.
- Works with both UX and Development to understand design or technology implications in solution ideas.
- Build, groom and prioritize the backlog
- Gains alignment from multiple stakeholders; recognize the need for alignment
- Defines roles and responsibilities of direct reports
- Sets and monitors annual performance goals & objectives, including responsibility for performance appraisals
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred; Degree (Bachelor’s or Masters) in Computer Science, Business, or Product Design preferred
- 12+ years overall experience, inclusive of 10+ years of product management experience or high-volume transaction systems or extensive experience in healthcare RCM or Document Services
- Experience with people management
- Experience working with Agile (Scrum) teams
- Understanding of healthcare / health IT environment a plus
- Experience testing and validating value of products in the market
Read Full Description
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role will be based in Chennai, India. Our Global Headquarters is located in Watertown, MA, just a few miles from Boston. We have two other India locations in Bengaluru and Pune.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support and collaborative workspaces.