For 80 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way we do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
Operations Management Trainee – Fleet Maintenance
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. As an Operations Management Trainee, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, equipped to succeed, and empowered to develop your career. During training you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills and resources to develop your operations, management & leadership expertise. The Operations Management Trainee will complete an 18-24 month program where you will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental. The more you put into the structured training program, the more you’ll get out of it.
Many of our senior leaders started their Ryder career journeys in similar roles. If your goal is to be a part of leadership for a fortune 500 company, this may just be the opportunity you have been looking for!
- Completion of your Bachelor’s Degree is REQUIRED.
- Salary of $40-50k, plus incentives
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401K contribution even if you choose not to participate
- Ongoing training and career development
The Management Trainee will support the shop management process and assist in cost savings, customer retention, and metric-based initiatives. This requires the Management Trainee to work cross functionally across Operations, Asset Management, Sales, Quality, and Rental.
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Relocation within the region at the conclusion of the training program is required
- Strong PC skills to include spreadsheet and word processing software packages required
- 2-5 years of customer service with issues resolution experience is an asset
- Prior leadership experience highly desired
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and multitasking skills
- Proven ability to make good decisions in a fast moving environment
- Mechanical comprehension highly desired
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Basic understanding of business finance, controls, and metrics
- Responsible for the customer relationship activities by providing quality customer interface, proactive customer management, issue resolution, and customer satisfaction
- Ensure accurate PM scheduling and follow up, breakdowns and vehicle status updates; oversee Technician work planning for efficiency, training, and flexibility
- Coordinate with the rental department to ensure maximum utilization without compromising lease customers
- Partner with Sales staff on customer calls for new business and increased customer satisfaction
- Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure policy and processes are followed to optimize running costs and maintenance overhead
- People: Effectively develop and lead employees to increase productivity and morale
- Support and build knowledge with the location's leadership team for future Succession Planning
- Work Flow Management: Ensure branch productivity through effective work scheduling and planning specifically around preventative maintenance, repair campaigns, and OOS vehicles
- Accountable for coordinating with rental counter to identify repair requirements, available substitute units and vehicle wash requirements
- Ensure appropriate use of outside repair with vendors and customers
- Location Management: Lead execution of parts inventory management process to include: physical inventory, parts ordering, receiving, stocking, managing purchase orders and parts invoices, and coordinating parts pick-up and delivery
- Work closely with inventory planning team for changes to min-max levels
- Ensure a safe and productive operation through proper implementation and administration of company policies and procedures
- Review, analyze, and proactively develop steps to attain maintenance metrics
- Create and execute action plans for continuous improvement to align with quality objectives
- Financial Management: Financial reporting and cost control related to maintenance and asset management
- Understand financial statements in order to create action plans to manage running costs and overheads
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Read Full Description