Who We Are
Zume is on a quest to be the most powerful source of health and well-being on the planet. We started by partnering people with technology to create a more thoughtful and efficient way to source, make, bake and deliver pizza. In the process, we are delivering an artisan pizza that takes care of the people who eat it and make it, and even takes better care of the planet we all love—a planet 9 billion people will inhabit by mid-century.
The health and well-being of people and our planet is dependent upon sustainably feeding that population with wholesome, affordable food on a global scale. Zume is meeting this challenge with an end-to-end, scalable platform that reduces the time and distance between clean food sources and dense population centers, using cutting-edge automation and transportation logistics. By developing better tools and processes, we can feed people healthier, sustainably-grown food, delivered fresh and free from chemical stabilization.
We have an employee-first philosophy and we’re deeply committed to investing in the happiness, satisfaction and success of everyone we work with. We are looking for a team who feels the same way! Join us as we change the way people think about food.
As Payroll Partner, you will have a hands-on role in our day-to-day payroll activities. You will ensure complete, accurate and timely payments are delivered to both US and international employees. You will be instrumental in the processing of the payroll process, to include maintenance of payroll records, filing of taxes. You will collaborate with other departments in cross-functional team environment as well as external vendors and auditors. This is a great opportunity for someone who is high-detailed oriented, demonstrates strong organization skills and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You'll Do
- Prepare and process domestic, multi-state payroll through Workday and ADP; ensure 100% accuracy of each payrun
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely payroll tax filings, including W-2s
- Assist with the reconciliation and funding to 401(k), FSA and HSA providers
- Stay abreast to changes in payroll regulations, standards, and taxes; ensure organization remains compliant at all times
- Maintain strong relationships with cross-functional teams and third party vendors
- Assist with 401K audits and workers compensation audits; assist with annual audits
- Provide employees and stakeholders with excellent customer service while adhering to company policies
- Communicate effectively; eliminate ambiguity; be an expert in your field
- Participate in ad hoc projects as assigned
Who You Are
- You ensure 100% accuracy in payroll deliverables - you never compromise
- You are detail oriented and deadline driven; you demonstrate strong organizational and planning skills
- You have uncompromising ethical standards, have a proven track record to handle confidential and sensitive data
- You are able to work cross-functionally with other teams and are able to gain the confidence of all levels of the organization; you have excellent communication skills
- You are constantly thinking about process improvements and will lead process development to ensure the integrity of the payroll, in line with streamlining operations and strengthening internal controls
- Must have advanced proficiency in Workday and ADP
- Must have intermediate proficiency in Netsuite
- At least 5+ years of multi-state payroll experience in private and preferably public environments
- International payroll experience preferred
- High level of proficiency with Excel and report writing tools
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail oriented
- Ability to show discretion with confidential information
- Ability to multitask, prioritize multiple projects, meet deadlines and solve problems analytically
- Ability to work in a rapidly evolving and fast paced environment
What We Offer
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for you and 75% for your dependents
- Flexible Time Off
- Daily catered lunch
- Free and discounted pizza!
- The opportunity to work with an incredibly supportive team of thinkers and innovators
Zume provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Description