Student (Fixed Term)
Working within the Environment Health and Safety (EHS) and Enterprise Business Continuity Management (EBCM) team, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating activities that support EHS and EBCM programs, incident and crisis management, assessments, and assisting in the analysis and management of business continuity tools.
You will be working with other groups within BlackBerry globally to administer, enhance, train and exercise Emergency and Business Continuity teams, and assist with the continuous improvement of Business Continuity and Health and Safety programs, plans and websites, and the deployment of additional tools. Activities include impact analysis, risk mitigation, plan and website maintenance, exercising, employee assessments (i.e. noise exposure & ergonomic), etc. This is an opportunity to expand business and technical skills in a fast-paced creative environment while being exposed to environment health and safety, business continuity, and incident management.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 8 Months
- Assist with tracking global compliance and completion of risk assessments and mitigation efforts.
- Assist with maintenance of Business Impact Analyses and Business Continuity plans.
- Administer, enhance, train and exercise Emergency and Business Continuity teams.
- Assist with waste reduction projects and initiatives.
- Assist with EcoCommute Program including running employee events and supporting projects within our Commuting Action Plan.
- Conduct ergonomic assessments and lead ergonomic seminars.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of documents, forms, training, programs and website.
- Assist with testing and exercising emergency and business continuity programs.
- Arranging Environment, Health & Safety Lunch and Learn sessions.
- Assist with Environmental employee engagement events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in Engineering, Business, Science, Computer Science, or Information Management at the Intermediate level with the Co-op option.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills including attention to detail.
- Being proactive in assisting the team and other initiatives.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in the work environment.
- High personal standards of excellence, and able to perform well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative thinking, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible team player.
- Technical knowledge or aptitude is an asset.
- Knowledge of different IT applications is an asset.
- Understanding Project Management Methodology is a plus.
Job Family Group Name:
Business Practices & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Read Full Description