Summary: The U.S. National Teams Football Operation Intern will work with USA Football staff on a variety of U.S. National Team Football Operations initiatives including coach management/logistics, athlete selection, on-field football implementation and general football operations management. This includes both pre-event logistical planning and post-event follow ups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate and build relationships with Regional Camp coaches.
- Work with finance and accounting to ensure all coaches and scouts are paid
- Gather feedback from coaches for each event (Regional Development Camp, National Development Games, Training Camps for International Competitions) to ensure that the programs are best-in-class and cutting edge.
- Review all current coach hiring resources and processes to identify areas of improvement.
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in Sports Administration / Sports Management or related area
- Extensive collegiate football operation / recruiting department experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Detailed-oriented and able to work independently required
- Proficient in office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Google Docs applications required
- Ability to follow simple written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish professional working relationships with coaches and staff.
- Internship begins September 3, 2019 and ends December 6, 2019
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Manager, U.S National Team – Football Operations
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow us on Facebook or on Twitter.
AAP/EEO Statement USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Read Full Description