Couchbase, one of the NoSQL industry leaders, is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to support the rapidly growing Couchbase customer base. As part of our customer support team you will be the primary point of contact for Couchbase customers to help them with their technical questions.
Couchbase is at the forefront of the biggest advance in database technology in over forty years. Our NoSQL solutions are specifically targeted at modern web and mobile applications
- Work with our customers during implementation and production of their Couchbase Server-based applications.
- Troubleshoot and research customer issues. These can range from development time SDK questions to performance tuning or failure analysis.
- Reproduce customer cases for detailed troubleshooting and analysis. This may include writing or modifying code or simulating node failure situations.
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase.
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles or knowledge base entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds or best practices.
- Experience in database software solutions is highly desired;
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases a big plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high performance systems ideal.
- Experience working with users/developers to troubleshoot and resolve issues for backend infrastructure applications (e.g. databases, application servers, Hypervisors, etc.)
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Linux and Windows systems.
- Experience with networking products, servers and supporting data center requirements
- Programming experience in PHP/Java/.Net/Ruby/Perl/Python. The more the merrier.
- Excellent analytical skills, passion for pinning down technical issues and solving problems.
- Be a great team player, strive for challenges with a do-what-ever-it-takes mentality
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field.
Couchbase’s mission is to be the data platform that revolutionizes digital innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created the world’s first Engagement Database. Built on the most powerful NoSQL technology, the Couchbase Data Platform offering includes Couchbase Server and Couchbase Mobile and is Open Source. The platform provides unmatched agility and manageability – as well as unparalleled performance at any scale – to deliver ever-richer and ever more personalized customer experiences. The world's largest enterprises choose Couchbase for the most demanding web, mobile and IoT applications - companies like Amadeus, AT&T, Cisco, Comcast, Concur, Disney, Dixons Carphone, eBay, General Electric, LinkedIn, Marriott, PayPal, Ryanair, Viber, Tesco, United Airlines, Verizon, Wells Fargo, and hundreds of others around the world use Couchbase Data Platform for their interactive web, mobile, and IoT applications.
Couchbase has offices around the globe, and we’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
- A fantastic culture
- A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
- True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
- Great market opportunity and growth potential
- Time off when you need it.
- Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
- Open, collaborative spaces.
- Competitive benefits
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
- Wealth Front Career-Launching Companies List 2018
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startups 2018
- 2018 Deloitte Fast 500
- 2018 DBTA Readers’ Choice Award for Best In-Memory Solutions
- Big Data 100: 35 Coolest Data Management And Integration Vendors
- No. 17 on Forbes’ list of Best Big Data Companies to Work For in 2017
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Equal Opportunity Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
Read Full Description