Summary of Position: Manages, facilitates, and implements the quality management and quality improvement programs and activities at Masonicare Home Health & Hospice. Understands and follows the quality standards for the position, department and facility. Understands the mission of Masonicare by recognizing the population we serve as unique persons, requiring individual alternatives to maintain full lives in their later years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Champions quality improvement processes throughout Masonicare Home Health & Hospice ensuring a standardized and unified approach.
2. Identifies and facilitates education regarding the key quality initiatives/targets/goals (based on federal, state and best practice guidelines) for the organization.
3. Tracks, analyzes, and collects data for the purpose of demonstrating the efficacy of our improvement processes.
4. Develops Performance Improvement projects based on key performance indicators and facilitates implementation in the agency.
5. Assists in the corporate-wide customer satisfaction process and relates findings to the QI process.
6. Assists with development of yearly and long-term quality management plans, including required and specialty audits based on service delivery trends and/or general agency/industry trends.
7. Assists with clinical record review and general chart audits per the PI Plan, federal and state regulations and guidelines.
8. Participates in the completion of and presents quality reports as requested.
9. Works closely with Risk Management in regards to the tracking of sentinel and/or adverse events and translating this to the QI process.
10. Responsible for processing additional documentation requests (ADRs) and appealing denials.
11. Participates in requisite committee/board meetings, including the Professional Advisory Committee meetings, and prepares educational sessions or materials for staff as required.
12. Participates in CMS and DPH audits/visits/investigations as required/requested.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of Associates Degree in Nursing from an NLN accredited college or university. Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
Connecticut Registered Nurse license required.
Five (5) years experience in acute care/home care/public health administration/SNF.
Two (2) years experience in quality management preferred.
Maintains current Connecticut Drivers’ License and auto insurance.
Possess reliable transportation (Exception: Employees who utilize public transportation—Supervisory approval required).
Demonstrates strong organizational, written and verbal skills. Demonstrates ability to compile information, interpret data, and establish correction plans related to all quality management functions within the scope of position responsibility.
Performance Improvement ManagerRead Full Description