The X-Ray & Medical Technologist is responsible for:
- Being able to take good quality X-ray images following CityMD X-ray protocol in an efficient and accurate manner
- Capturing accurate and detailed documentation of the encounter into the EMR in a timely manner
(including the duties and responsibilities as stated in the CityMD Scope of Practice for Radiology Technologist and Scribes)
- Performing the more common X-ray studies in a reasonable amount of time as suggested below:
- Chest X-ray: 3 minutes
- Extremity X-ray: 3-5 minutes per order
- Spinal X-ray: 4-6 minutes
- Abdomen X-ray: 4-6 minutes
- Using all internal X-ray and care coordination software in order to properly document and communicate X-ray studies performed between the provider, Aftercare and radiologists reading the X-rays
- Being able to fully document in the EMR on multiple patients per hour
- Facilitating any necessary diagnostic tests (e.g., CT, MRI, ultrasounds, etc.) and referrals to medical specialists for follow-up care via Aftercare
- Assisting the physician with medical procedures within the Scribe scope of practice, which may include but is not limited to: EKG, procedure set ups, etc.
- Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under physician guidance
- Assisting the licensed practitioner, under the direct and personal supervision of the licensed practitioner, with CLIA waived tests for which training has been provided as well as EKGs, external laboratory specimens, providing a second set of hands for maintaining limb position for sling assistance
- Keeping track of materials needed to copy images to a CD for patients and inform Medical Assistant or Site Manager prior to depletion of supplies
- Keeping an accurate and up-to-date QA log book including pregnancy form and daily check off list
- Having a knowledge of people to call in case of equipment failure or software issues
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- Assisting Medical Assistants with facility stocking when needed
- Assisting with training and acclimation of new hire X-ray techs and scribes
- If Internal Candidate – must be in good performance and company policy standing
- Graduation from an accredited X-ray Technologist program
- 4-6 months experience as a X-ray Technologist
- Explain, process, and position patient for X-ray; adjusting restriction devices; moving and adjusting equipment to set exposure factors. Determine patient's X-ray needs by reading instructions from physician. Perform basic general X-rays of the chest, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, knee, foot, or ankle under supervision of physician. Use beam restricting devices and patient shielding techniques to minimize radiation exposure to patient and staff. Process exposed radiographs using film processors or computer generated methods.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail & ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills required
- Have functional and practical knowledge of various computer systems
- Happy and positive thinking, able to project this attitude around others
- Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
- Excellent communication and bedside manner
- Passion for helping others in an urgent care environment
- Bilingual language skills required or preferred based on site location.
The job may require lifting light to moderate amounts of weight (e.g., boxes of medical or facility supplies). Heavy computer use required.
- A friendly and fast paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution (after 90 days)
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Opportunity for Overtime hours
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
- Coffee, teas and healthy snacks!
- Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
CityMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
CityMD cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. CityMD does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. CityMD will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. CityMD will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select CityMD locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.