Under immediate supervision, the Research Associate I is primarily responsible for providing information and data gathering, analysis, modeling, and organizational support to the senior level Research Analysts. Should be adept at or able to quickly learn and apply the core research foundation skills including accounting, finance, valuation, modeling, and proficient verbal and written communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain Excel-based financial models, including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Formulate mathematical or simulation models of problems, relating constants and variables, restrictions, alternatives, conflicting objectives, and their numerical parameters.
- Analyze information obtained from management in order to conceptualize and define operational problems.
- Perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy; reformulate models as necessary.
- Build and update comp sheets.
- Managing the databases and electronic data services (i.e. Bloomberg, FactSet, etc.)
- Meets the special projects demands of the senior level Research Analysts.
- Uses all resources to determine and locate relevant data.
- Builds industry knowledge and contacts.
Read Full Description
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Manage your own time and priorities to ensure the meeting of deadlines
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Knowledge of economic, accounting, and financial principles and practices, the financial markets, the industry, the analysis and reporting of financial data, and associated terminology.
- Preferably 1 year experience as an Associate (and in Technology).
- Strong analytical skills (especially financial data analysis).
- Semiconductor industry (in finance role) experience would be a plus.
- Solid communications skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have solid writing skills.