The IT Operations & Service Management Engineer has responsibilities that encompass the ongoing technical support and enhancements of software used by IT and business departments, to manage and measure delivery of client and business facing IT products, services and technologies for IT and the Firm. The Engineer position requires a high level of technical competence, and an ability to work with IT and business stakeholders to understand requirements and translate them into efficient and effective software solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop reports, workflows, scripts, and complex queries within various enterprise service management software tools.
- Develop enterprise class monitoring and event management integrations and triggers to a single view and alerting channels.
- Develop and maintain automation of many IT Processes and fulfillment of requests.
- Develop integrations and connectors between multiple systems (i.e. ITSM Tool with Monitoring or HRIS systems).
- Support and maintain IT configuration management databases, and integrate federated data to a holistic configuration management system.
- Develop service dependency maps through physical and logical configuration item relationships.
- Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Develop and maintain Dashboards for consumption by multiple groups displaying health of Products and Services being delivered and monitored by IT.
- May occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Some travel by car and/or air in conjunction with local, regional and/or national travel, up to 10%.
- Must be available to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Read Full Description
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology area or a combination of experience and technical training required.
- 3-5 years’ experience maintaining, supporting and developing IT solutions required.
- Familiarity with various IT service management frameworks and methodologies. (ITIL, Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong understanding of the differences between Incidents, Requests, Changes and Problems; and how they relate to each other and integrate with Services, Assets, Knowledge etc.
- Experience with IT Service Management and/or Enterprise Service Management tools such as ServiceNow, Cherwell, Jira, Axiom, Remedy or others.
- Experience with support and development of service management and monitoring software.
- Strong expertise in enterprise monitoring protocols (SNMP, WMI, etc.).
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) or User Experience monitoring tools.
- Strong understanding of Cloud technologies and best practices for monitoring and managing assets in the cloud.
- Strong expertise in customer service delivery.
- Strong expertise in web based and distributed systems n-tier technologies.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in spoken or written form so that others will understand.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize work streams
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.