Medical Route Driver
Linde PLC is known as a world leader in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated pro forma sales of USD 28 billion (EUR 24 billion) in 2018. But what makes us great is our people, because they make great things happen. Guided by integrity, Linde employees take pride in what they do, because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day
At Linde PLC we identify ourselves with our products – either working for the technical or medical gases business. Being a company with a long tradition in the gases business, we not only care about our customers and high-quality products, but most importantly about our employees. While working with us, expect a safe workplace, high safety standards and a true commitment from our managers to safety.
▪ Follows all Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
▪ Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service.
▪ Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
▪ Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements.
▪ Safely loads and unloads cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
▪ Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
▪ Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
▪ Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
▪ Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order.
▪ Communicate with customers; providing information on ordering, delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
▪ Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out of the homes of, medical patients.
▪ Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by environment or job task.
▪ Train or educate customers on safety, use and hazards associated with the use of medical gas equipment. As appropriate, assess customer understanding of same.
▪ Assess safe use, appropriate care and storage of medical gases in medical patients home environment.
▪ Report unsafe use or situations to supervisory staff.
▪ Document observations, education and communication in the patient record.
▪ Maintain load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle documents. Ensures manifests are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
▪ Follow all safety rules and report any accidents or injuries promptly to management.
▪ Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
▪ Assist with inventory and general housekeeping.
▪ Maintain DOT hours log.
▪ High School Diploma, GED or 10 years' experience within current CDL class
▪ 3 years driving experience - CDL Class A or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
▪ 3 years clean commercial and personal driving record
▪ Clear understanding of map reading skills
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Strong customer service
▪ Basic computer skills
▪ Home care/health care background is a plus
▪ Dangerous Goods Card is a plus
The Linde Group is known as one of the world leaders in gases, engineering and healthcare. We operate in more than 100 countries across the globe and generated revenue of 17.9 billion euro in 2015. But what makes us great is our people because they make great things happen. Linde employees take pride in what they do because they know it makes a real difference to our customers. They are empowered to turn a challenge into an opportunity to learn and grow. This is how they take the lead, every day.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
Linde is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Company provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status or any legally recognized status entitled to protection under applicable federal, state, or local laws.