Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
The Professional Sales Representative is primarily responsible for achieving sales forecast of promoted products and, subsequently, positioning the key products as preferred in the assigned territory. This is accomplished by establishing mutually beneficial, long-term business relationships with influential a physicians, pharmacists, and healthcare providers key to the sales success of promoted products. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer needs and is also responsible for assisting in coordinating and implementing sales strategies to maximize sales in assigned territory.
- The Professional Sales Representative is a field-based representative who fulfills sales strategies by selling Janssen products within an assigned geographical territory.
- The Professional Sales Representative reports to a local Regional Sales Manager of Janssen Pharmaceuticals Puerto Rico.
- Interacts with sales and marketing management in setting up product and market initiatives.
- Has responsibility of attaining sales and market share objectives for assigned geographical area.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and assist other in gaining product knowledge, articulate added value for the customer, provide product support/information as needed, and achieve sales quota. Must also demonstrate active listening skills and respond appropriately.
- Demonstrates and assist others in the use of data to take relevant business decisions for the territory and identifies new or different ways to increase sales goals.
- Consistently closes business to achieve business objectives, Demonstrates excellent knowledge of markets in all areas relevant to internal and external customers: such as, clinical, technical, health economics.
- Build positive and productive customer relationships with key providers for the purpose of demand creation for all assigned products/therapeutic areas.
- Execute market development activities for the products and indication within approved product label.
- Provide feedback on customers, promotional programs, and environmental changes, and provide ideas to improve product and company performance in the marketplace.
- Develops relationships within customers and develop a complete understanding of the health care system.
- Uses compliant negotiation techniques to sell and promote the products.
- Compiles and enhance customer database that documents appropriate customer information and contacts that can be shared across the organization.
- Monitors and tracks progress and adjusts customer plans as needed.
- Achieves pre-call planning objectives
- Minimum BA/BS in business or scientific field with Pharmaceutical and broader healthcare business knowledge.
- Two to four years of experience in pharmaceutical sales in the pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in cardiovascular and metabolism is required.
- Demonstrated track record of producing solid results in a functional group or commercial operations.
- Computer Literate with office systems (Excel, Word, Power Point) and sales management information technology systems (i.e., Veeva).
- Ability to have cross-functional communication and relation with internal partners. This role also requires an understanding of reimbursement,
- Must understand short- and long-term sales potential relevant to percentage of patients treated, patient mix, Manage Care organizations and contracts, and new protocols or new treatments modalities that impact business potential.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.