Position is responsible for the development and maintenance of systems and/or the creation and maintaining of both routine and adhoc reporting. This position anticipates and supports the analytical needs for the business areas within the Billing Operations organization. This position is responsible for leading the team in creating, maintaining and improving both current and future automated processes and reporting needs. The primary responsibility for this team is to design, develop, implement, analyze, and communicate operational information to various organizations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience and the needs of internal clients and projects.
Mentor and coach less experienced staff and encourage their development.
Maximize the efficiency of automations, routines, and procedures.
Lead continuous performance improvement sessions to discuss opportunities to improve processes or standards.
Develop communication documentation to support deployment of reporting and application solutions to end users.
Implement analytics against a vast amount of billing, provisioning, network, and other data using modern methods and tools.
Gather, analyze, refine, validate, document and maintain complex systems requirements for requests related to reporting needs.
Analyze system interdependencies, system requirements, risks, and risk mitigations that could impact or be impacted by the delivery of new equipment, services, processes and/or support technologies including assessing and communicating impacts of systems changes and/or outages/risks to the business.
Define, document, implement, communicate and track related systems rules, policies and configurations.
Make recommendations based on data for process improvement and strategic business decision making.
Deliver on project commitments and assists team members to ensure timely project completion.
Understand policies, procedures, and practices for analysis of device capability and customer impact.
Create repeatable analytics and reporting methods, using modern tools, that will allow the team visibility into detail-level metrics regarding device capability.
Maintain nimble, reliable environment that will allow comparing/contrasting arbitrary data.
Ensure full compliance of all audit requirements.
Assure timely completion of all assigned projects and ensures that the results are of a consistently high quality and meets or exceed the business need.
Research and monitor ticket requests impacting key systems.
Work cooperatively with other department resources to accomplish objectives.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned by management.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience related to database reporting tools, Macros, queries, SQL and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations
- Ability to listen and evaluate all opinions without bias, and contribute to a common culture of excellence
- Ability to work seamlessly within a team as well as manage individual tasks
- Ability to lead the most complex of projects efficiently
- Ability to create, enhance, and maintain the data structures required to run ad hoc or recurring reports.
- Ability to gather and manipulate large data sets from various sources for reporting and automation
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to work with others to resolve problems, handle requests or situations
- Ability to perform detailed business analysis and design
- Ability to effectively consult with department managers and leaders
- Knowledge of multiple database systems (MS-SQL, Access, MySQL, Oracle)
- Knowledge of multiple reporting systems (MicroStrategy, Tableau, Essbase, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or business related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
- 8+ years of Database & reporting experience
- 4 years of Ordering & Billing system analysis experience
- 4 years of Business operations analysis experience
- Telecommunications experience preferred
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Knowledge of basic ETL concepts and systems (SSIS, Informatica)
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language, TSQL and PLSQL Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Knowledge of multiple scripting languages (PERL, Ruby, Python)