What you’ll be doing...
This position will be a part of the Network Systems Development team focusing on the development within the NetExpert environment (VSM – Virtual Services Manager) primarily focused on data collection, analysis, and interpretation and applying descriptive, predictive and prescriptive algorithms for the presentation of data to the Verizon Wireless Network Operation Centers and regions.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets, feeding automation and self-service tools.
- Designs and codes from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements.
- Knowledge on complex data sets using NetExpert Framework. Must be able to interpret and decode various messaging protocols such as CORBA, SNMP, Kafka, TCP, HTTP, JSON, XML. Work with the lead developer to implement microservices, support testing efforts, and deploy services.
- Design and develop Data Collection / Fault Management Solutions using the NetExpert VSM application.
- Configure and implement analytical solutions regarding correlation opportunities. Can be identified through Machine Learning where available.
- Develop alarming on new types of network devices modify rule set implementations, and supporting upgrades to existing device types in the network.
- Work on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices.
- Utilize programming skills to analyze, build (code) and test new alarm functionality per technical specifications.
- Develop application support documentation as required by the network application support team.
- Build and unit test production deployment packages and implementation plans for scheduled systems enhancements.
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) of technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team, communicating design, requirements, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Lead regularly scheduled requirements/status meetings with key stakeholders.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures, Business Intelligence domain including data mining, data visualization and Machine Learning.
- Experience in statistical modeling.
- Database knowledge: Oracle / MariaDB / MySQL / Hadoop.
- Experience with NetExpert OSS application.
- Scripting on Unix/Linux platforms using sed, perl and awk.
- Experience with the OSI Netexpert applications including writing rulesets for alarming on network elements.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Analyzed large volume of data.
- Experience with IT technologies to include exposure to development projects with Unix/Sun-Solaris, Windows, Linux as well as relational and graph databases.
- Knowledge with CI/CD and following tools: Git, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Jira.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as: Mocha, Chai, Selenium.
- Knowledge of software development in DevOps and Agile.
- Experience with backend a plus, particularly NodeJS.
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools like Confluence.
- Knowledge of deployed Verizon Wireless networks and alarming.
- Network Management experience/exposure for IP, Transmission, Switching, Wireless/Mobile.
- Experience working with the Linux OS.
- Application Development and Scripting experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.