Group Company: Stoxx Ltd.
Index Analyst by Index Review (f/m/d)
Full-time | Permanent
Field of activity
For our office in Zug, Switzerland, we are currently looking for an Index Analyst (female / male) to reinforce the Index Review unit.
The STOXX Index Operations is organized in 4 units: Index Surveillance and Monitoring, Index Review, Corporate Actions and Customer Support across 4 locations (Zug, Prague, Frankfurt and Hong Kong) and is responsible for any day to day activities related to the maintenance of indices under STOXX mandates. STOXX Index Operations activities covers indices such as EURO STOXX 50, STOXX Europe 50, STOXX Europe 600, as well as DAX indices, the Bulgarian Exchange Indices, Customized Indices as well as Fixed Income Indices. The STOXX Index Operations teams are also involved in any Strategic Projects where expertise on Index implementation maintenance, regulations and customer interface are required.
The overall successful candidate will be part of the high performance Index Review team across the 3 locations, which is in charge of the periodic reviews of the index compositions; oversees ownership research & industry classifications; accurate information of clients via publications and notifications.
Furthermore, high involvement is required in the integration of new index concepts into the regular periodic review processes and coordination with IT related departments for processes automation.
- Organize periodic (monthly / quarterly) reviews of the STOXX, DAX, Fixed Income and customized indices.
- Oversee holdings and ownership research and audit free float calculations
- Understand and coordinate the entire Index Review process within Index Operations, from doing the initial research, throughout implementation and application process. It includes internal coordination with other units within Index Operation in regards of the index review processes
- Evaluate business concepts as well as new index concepts in order to provide requirements for IT related departments.
- Coordinate development with IT related departments for further technical development and improvement of index review processes.
- Risk management and planning in order to ensure accurate periodic index reviews.
- Adequate communication of review related information via publications and notifications to clients and other stakeholder.
- Flexibility to work in various shifts covering a time range between 07:00 to 23:30 CET accordingly to workload and deadlines.
- Hold a masters degree in finance, economics or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years of professional experience in financial environment (preferable Index Business, Portfolio Business, Asset managers, Product Development or Structuring) and have the understandings of Financial Markets environment, its working constraints and philosophy
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills and know-how in financial information and financial markets, including understandings of corporate actions impacts on an Index
- Experience and track record in corporate actions research, index operations, Securities and listed companies Operations (Middle and back office), data analysis / cleansing, data processing rules and techniques is a plus
- Can do attitude and be able to work under pressure and to handle multiple tasks time-efficient and autonomously in parallels and work on tight deadlines
- Be able to work and learn autonomously without minimum of supervision and training (self-starter/self-learner)
Finally, you need to be a team player with good communication skills, highly motivated, flexible and solution-oriented with the following soft skills:
- Fluency in English and German both oral and written (mandatory), a third language would be a plus
- Advanced Excel skills are mandatory, ideally combined with database knowledge and SQL
- Good knowledge of reference and market data applications such as Reuters EIKON, Bloomberg, CADIS
- Ability to work independently with tight deadlines, quickly identify and report issues and problem
- Team player across functional domains and at all levels
Dedication, team and communication skills, flexibility as well as competent handling of MS Office applications round out your profile. There are numerous good reasons to work for us: responsibility at an early stage, attractive social benefits, an international working environment and a broad variety of career opportunities. Applications from disabled persons are welcome.
Are you interested in working with a pleasant and very dedicated team? Convince us with an appealing application. Please use our online application portal.
Deutsche Börse Group, Human Resources