Position: Support Engineer
Business Area: Technology Operations
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
Squarepoint is looking for a Support Engineer to support a global community of approximately 350 users in a Windows environment. Candidate will interact onsite and remotely with users to provide support with workstation applications such as Microsoft Exchange/Outlook, Microsoft Office in an on premise or cloud-based solution; access control policies via Windows Active Directory; remote access assistance and hardware issues. Linux, Powershell scripting and network working knowledge a plus.
Candidate is expected to be a self-directed learner, excited about learning new technologies, persistent and creative at finding solutions on your own, someone who can use online help –i.e. Google searches, and trial & error to figure out a problem you haven’t encountered before.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide 24x5 support on-site and to a global community of approximately 350 users.
- Manage raised requests and incidents in a timely manner following well-rehearsed internal request runbooks/knowledge based and incident management process.
- Partner with Level 2 & 3 internal and external teams/vendors as appropriate to help troubleshoot more complex incidents.
- Provide alert management to pro-active resolve failure alerts, degraded services and unavailable services through internal monitoring tools.
- Proactively automate common tasks to improve efficiency and increase productivity.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to develop strategic solutions.
- Perform related duties & responsibilities as requested.
Read Full Description
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Microsoft environment supporting Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012+, Office Suite including Outlook, Office 365 including OneDrive, DLP and SharePoint.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, remote access solutions and software deployment.
- Experience installing, troubleshooting and managing desktop hardware.
- Experience in the following areas a plus:
- Powershell and Python
- Linux environment
- Relentless dedication to customer service
- Works with minimum supervision, proactively follows up on outstanding issues/tickets
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and capable to handle frequent interruptions positively
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or experience.