Position: Helpdesk Tech Lead
Business Area: Technology Operations
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
Squarepoint is seeking a hands-on Helpdesk Tech Lead to manage a global helpdesk team. The candidate will manage a team of six engineers to provide support to approximately 350 global users across Asia, Europe and The Americas working within a Windows workspace and a Linux server environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a 24x5 global support schedule and an on-call weekend rotation to handle priority 1 incidents.
- Develop policies, processes, guidelines and best practices to ensure agreed SLAs are met.
- Work with L2/L3 internal and external teams to develop runbooks for all in scope services and components.
- Generate monthly operational reports to provide transparency into the team’s efficiency & productivity and identify material trends to raise improvements.
- Provide technical leadership and coordination for all team’s requests.
- Expected to be hands-on and a fully operational member of the team.
Read Full Description
- 5-10 years’ experience in a Microsoft environment supporting Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2012+, Office Suite including Outlook, Office 365 including helpdesk experience.
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, remote access solutions, software deployment solutions, troubleshooting and managing desktop hardware.
- Experience in the following areas a plus:
- Powershell and Python
- Linux environment
- Relentless dedication to customer service
- Works with minimum supervision, proactively follows up on outstanding issues/tickets
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and capable to handle frequent interruptions positively
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or experience.