US-IL-Chicago-Princi Kitchen Chicago - PKCHI Starbucks Princi Kitchen - Culinary and Bakery/Baking
Now Baking – Baker, Princi Kitchen
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that celebrates coffee, it’s rich tradition, and a feeling of connection. Continuing our quest in 2016, we announced a partnership with Princi, a renowned boutique bakery and café founded by Rocco Princi in 1986. Known for its artisan breads created from traditional family recipes, Princi’s six locations have become beloved experiences for customers across Milan and London.
To bring this vision to life we have opened a Princi Kitchen in Chicago to prepare all the food served in Roasteries and Princi Bakeries. The kitchen team will continue to bring to life the Princi brand by creating handcrafted foods such as pastries, cakes, fresh soups, salads and focaccia-style pizza as well as artisanal baked breads.
Join us on this special journey!
The Princi Kitchen Overnight Baker I role will be dedicated to delivering beautifully assembled and freshly baked food to provide an exceptional experience to all customers. Princi Bakers are brand ambassadors for Princi, demonstrating culinary leadership, committed to craftsmanship and artistry while delivering consistent product quality.
As an Overnight Baker I, Princi Kitchen, you’ll be able to apply your past culinary experience to:
• Prepares bread, croissant, brioche, pizza & focaccia dough, laminated breads, rolls, muffins, and potentially cookies, pies, cakes, doughnuts, cookies and other pastries, including icings and frostings, according to established recipes.
• Reviews production schedules to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily baking activities.
• Receives ingredients and other supplies from main kitchen and/or pantry as required for daily operations.
• Cuts and weighs dough into uniform portions with knife or divider, molds dough into loaves or other shapes, and places in pans; proofs dough and bakes in oven using peel; inspects product for quality during and after baking and adjusts processes as required.
• Spreads or sprinkles a range of various toppings on specialty baked items.
• Shapes dough for cookies, pies, and fancy pastries either by hand or by using dough rollers and cookie cutters.
• Cleans and maintains work areas, utensils, and equipment.
• Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
• Completes production sheets and other records as required.
• May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets
Culture & Effective Communication
• Set inspirational tone for partners by role modeling Starbucks Mission and Values along with the Princi vision
Summary of Experiences
• Superior performer who represents the Starbucks Mission Statement in daily work.
• Demonstrated agility in dealing with ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced, highly visible, and changing environment
• Able to organize and deploy work across people
• Excellent coach and role model of Starbucks & Princi culture and values.
• Demonstrates strong abilities as a team player.
• Ability to build strong relationships and engage across differing cultures and societies
• Demonstrated baking and pastry expertise (2 years)
• Current local health and safety certifications
• Baking or Culinary Certification/Degree Preferred
• Requires reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
• Excellent communication skills and fluent English required. Additional languages beneficial.