Job Title: The Dock – Senior DevOps Engineer
Overview of the Dock
The Dock is Accenture’s global centre for Innovation; it is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help Accenture and its clients unlock value by design.
Our design-led, multidiscipline team will research, incubate and pilot new and emerging digital technologies. Opportunities will focus on building the future in real time, partnering with clients across multiple industries and bringing together distinct skillsets to create true acceleration at scale.
Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment will be open and interactive; an experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief will ensure that together we make major societal impacts.
Join us on this journey and be part of creating, building and influencing the Dock’s future. We are looking for the people who are:
Highly collaborative, open and talent led agile engineers, who are ready to lead the way in advancing the next generation of agile practices. We are passionate about Iterative Development and Continuous Improvement. We can and will do whatever it takes to deliver truly great solutions.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for architecting, setting up, managing, and evangelizing the tools and processes that enable software development. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the SDLC with a heavy focus on automation and the various points at which development could be improved by better tools, automation, or process improvement, and metrics that can be gathered to improve software development.
· 3+ years of experience running and maintaining Microsoft Azure or AWS hosted solutions
· A deep understanding of various cloud services (IaaS, PaaS etc.) and associated security best practices
· 3+ years of experience setting up Git repositories for projects, managing multiple project workflows, and troubleshooting complex issues with Git.
· 3+ years of experienced managing, setting up, and provisioning projects in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, etc)
· Hands on experience with configuration and process automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible etc.
· Experienced with container orchestration tools and workflows (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
· Experience with agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and within an agile project team
· Experience setting up and managing DevOps tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube etc.
· Experience in defining one or more following architecture aspects: Availability, Maintainability, Operability, Scalability and Portability
· Experience with managing code repositories for shared libraries / components (e.g. NPM, Artifactory, Nexus, Composer, Rubygems, etc)
· Experience with 1 or more testing frameworks (Mocha/Chai, Jasmine, Cucumber, Behat, jBehave, or equivalent)
· Experience with code quality tools like JSHINT/JSLINT, FindBugs, etc
· Bachelor’s Degree. Major in econometrics, data science, engineering, technology, economics, or business a plus.
· Vendor certifications (AWS, Microsoft etc.) advantageous
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications
from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race,
religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship,
marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender