Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
The candidate will join our Technology Operations team as Integration and Deployment Management Engineer. The Technology Operations team is responsible for all infrastructure and front to back production operation of Squarepoint’s trading and research platform.
- Review and approve technology changes as a member of Change Advisory Board
- Change impact assessment & ensure transparency to impacted parties
- Orchestrating schedules of related changes including coordination of changes with external counterparties (brokers, trading venues);
- Manage smaller size projects eg.Infrastructure driven hardware refreshes, OS refreshes or Software development team driven new product adoption projects.
- Ensure Production and Non-Production Environment standards are adhered.
- Participation in Integration and Go Live Testing working closely with development, support and trading team.
- Production onboarding of new hardware, new applications, new broker connections.
- Provide post release support for application changes working with development teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 1+ year in a technology operations or support role – in the Financial sector preferred
- Proficient in Linux OS
- Proficiency with Bash and a scripting language such as Python or Perl required
- Working knowledge with TCP/IP, multicast, tcpdump, clocking (PTP, NTP) – a plus
- Experience with MySQL and MS SQL a plus
Read Full Description
- Highly organized, detailed and process driven attitude
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required to support daily interaction with brokers, exchanges, and internal teams
- Self-motivated individual that takes the initiative and has an ownership, accountability and collaborative mindset.
- Experience with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo), Elastic Stack and Nagios.
- Knowledge of ITIL is an advantage