Leads a food production area with a crew of up to 60 people, under direction of the Culinary Production Manager, helps control staffing levels, moves employees within department to maintain production goals, and coordinates with supervisors in other areas. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and or as necessary.
- Lead, plan, organize and control the culinary operation of the shift.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Maintains standards for meal quality, safe food handling and recipe compliance.
- Create employee production schedules and manage hours based on workload.
- Hire, train, develop and supervise production leads and employees.
- Ensure quality, safety , product specifications and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed. Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Interact with local, state, federal and third party
- Monitor, manage and improve employee productivity and provide training, constructive feedback and coaching.
- Review and maintain time records.
- Prepare and submit shift and performance reports.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Basic troubleshooting and repair on machines.
- Identify and resolve employee, customer, and/or supplier concerns.
- Ability to taste, smell and see well enough to discriminate quantity and quality of individual flavor components
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, talk and hear.
- The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach, push, pull, bend and twist. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, move up and down stairs; occasionally push, pull, move, lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visually inspects equipment and locates merchandise and other objects.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- Read information, often in small print.
- Enter and locate information on a computer system or communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Observe behavior of others.
- Works in active kitchen areas with hot equipment and perishable food products.
- May require work in grill and oven areas with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment.
- Food preparation, food handling and cooking required.
- Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all required areas.
- Work in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold from 0 to 100 degrees, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work in areas with slippery and/or wet conditions near water.
- Frequently work near equipment and mechanic moving parts.
- Work overnight, weekends, and rotating/varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Peanut-free facility
- Must have intense passion for cooking delicious, healthy food
- Must have high standards for food quality and customer satisfaction.
- Mastery of high-volume kitchen logistics.
- Minimum of 3 years as an Executive Chef or a Chef Supervisor in a commercial foodservice establishment
- An undergraduate degree in Culinary Arts, Food Science, Culinology, Nutrition or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable
- Commissary and/or catering experience desirable
- Servsafe, Food Safety Manager, PCQI certifications or equivalent required
- Knowledge of local, state and federal food and health department requirements
- Professional certifications a plus, but not required (ex. ACF, RCA, IFT)Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail including strong analytical, writing, math, and communication skills
- Self starter, organized and detail oriented with good problem solving skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (speak, write, and read) preferred.
- Moderate skills in Google docs.
- Change management skills.
- Key leadership competencies in addition to high ethical standards, strong values, integrity, drive to deliver results, pride in personal and team performance, decision quality, building effective teams, and action orientation are fundamental imperatives.
Freshly delivers chef-prepared, ready-to-eat healthy meals to customers’ doorsteps through a weekly subscription model. The menu is designed using whole, natural ingredients - every meal is packed with high-quality proteins, heart-healthy fats, and nutrient-dense carbohydrates. Freshly meals NEVER contain gluten, refined sugars, or artificial additives. Freshly’s team of chefs do all the cooking and meals arrive fresh (never frozen) and are ready to eat within 3 minutes. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Description