This position will supervise the Geographic Information System (GIS) Gas Transmission program at BHE that primarily encompasses gas transmission mapping, supporting BHE’s Transmission Integrity Management Program (TIMP), and ensuring BHE is in compliance with federal and state transmission regulations as pertinent to GIS.
SALARY RANGE: $77,000 - $100,000
Base pay is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 21, 2019.
LOCATION: Fayetteville, AR; Denver, CO; Papillion, NE; Rapid City, SD
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: GIS Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Accountable for the direction and management of BHE’s gas transmission GIS mapping program.
- Supervise GIS technicians and analysts (internal and contractors) ensuring the group’s mission and individual roles are understood and work is performed accordingly.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a standardized transmission as-builting workflow and refining over time in accordance with a changing technological and operational landscape.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a transmission as-built QC workflow and processes to promote accuracy, standardization and training over time.
- Responsible for documenting and filling historic GIS data gaps in the gas transmission system.
- Responsible for management of a transmission redline program/process.
- Provide support and training for transmission as-builting related tasks and workflows.
- Develop and maintain reports to track and communicate various aspects of the gas transmission program.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining communication channels with field operations to ensure timely, accurate and complete as-built posting to GIS.
- Stay current with gas transmission DOT and utility commission regulations and ensure they are accommodated by the BHE GIS transmission program.
- Responsible for the integration of ILI results into GIS.
- Responsible for supporting the TIMP Risk program as requested by integrity personnel.
- Responsible for supporting the HCA/Class Location program as requested by integrity personnel.
- Prioritize and assign transmission related special requests such as, but not limited to map requests, analysis, and web mapping.
- Manage projects as needed using project management methods and procedures to ensure they are completed per scope as well as on time and on budget.
- Work with GIS Manager and other GIS Supervisors to coordinate efforts as needed.
- Remain current in knowledge on GIS technology and trends.
- Promote safety within the department and throughout the entire organization.
- Represent GIS on other BHE projects and initiatives as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all employees within the GIS department and with all Black Hills Corporation employees.
- Maintain professional relationships with vendors and contractors.
- 3-5 years of GIS mapping or other relevant experience required.
- 5 years of experience in electric and/or natural gas utilities preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Transmission GIS concepts and technologies.
- Working knowledge of the Esri Desktop suite and New Century tools.
- Advanced knowledge of information technology concepts and trends.
- Advanced knowledge of relational database management systems, including transmission specific schemas such as PODS and UPDM.
- Working knowledge of gas utility business processes, operating standards and construction standards.
- Ability to lead a team, take direction from managers, keep required job schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and give presentations and trainings to diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and various specialized software.
- Ability to think and act independently and develop creative, analytical solutions to resolve complex problems.
- Requires travel within the utility service territory and for support of corporate subsidiaries.
About our Company: We are a growth-oriented, vertically integrated energy company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas). Our non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas, oil and coal.
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), paid time off, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, tuition reimbursement and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
We are an EEO Employer