In this position, you will be responsible for working with the materials, suppliers and stakeholder teams in order to ensure on-time and efficient deliveries of final product in support of major projects. Proactively track and resolve shipping delays and focus on identifying and realizing opportunities to reduce the total cost of goods purchased while maintaining quality.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
- Relocation assistance is available for this position! Package is based on distance/complexity of the move, and individual circumstances. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
SALARY RANGE: $56,600 - $73,610 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 20, 2019.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Strategic Sourcing/Procurement Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide purchasing support for medium and large capital projects across the enterprise.
- Develop new or improved administrative, purchasing, and clerical procedures to maintain economy and efficiency of operation.
- Actively participate in managing the day-to-day relationships and performance of key strategic suppliers
- As required, process purchase requests into purchase orders, which includes identifying proper vendors, placing and tracking the order, and handling all delivery issues.
- Manage quoting process for one-time spot buys of goods and services (items where existing contracts do not exist), including development of specifications where needed with customer.
- Facilitates and resolves shipment discrepancies.
- Responds effectively to internal and external inquiries regarding material status.
- Communicates and updates internal resources in regards to order status update
- Understand production schedules to order materials at the appropriate time; expedite orders to ensure timely delivery to support the project timeline.
- Provide liaison between vendors, contractors, and Company managers.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Interface with key stakeholders to understand requirements and constraints which may impact the procurement process.
- Serve as interface with internal customer for escalations of day-to-day issues, commitments, order expedites, and problem resolution.
- Identify, manage and develop key industry relationships and alliances.
- Comply with all laws, regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintain current knowledge of procurement/cost trends and lead times to assist planning for business needs.
- Maintain a safe work environment and safe work practices while contributing to a culture of safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain professional working relationships with all Company employees.
- Maintain professional working relationships with vendors who supply materials, equipment and services.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in Purchasing and/or materials required.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working at a major gas or electric utility preferred.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Associate's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or related field preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of purchasing systems and processes.
- Proficient knowledge of strategic sourcing or other advanced purchasing process.
- Strong knowledge of legal terms and clauses.
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices.
- Able to perform mathematical functions.
- Ability to understand and draft contract/terms and conditions.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Able to read and understand technical information such as contracts, equipment specifications, and instructions.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks in a timely manner and make judgmental decisions with little or no supervision.
- Ability to make routine public contact with contractors, service personnel and governing agencies.
- Ability to communicate to management at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business problems.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to think globally in relation to Company processes and procedures and to enhance and streamline where needed.
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (APICS), Certified Professional in Supply Management (ISM) or Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Purchasing Manager is preferred.
- Active participation in professional organizations such as the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), APICS or similar organizations.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
About our Company: We are a growth-oriented, vertically integrated energy company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas). Our non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas, oil and coal.
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), paid time off, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, tuition reimbursement and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.