The Digital Strategy Manager is responsible for leading the digital team and strategy for Black Hills Energy through ideation, development, implementation, communication and measurement of the company’s digital media strategies, including the company’s corporate entities and electric and natural gas service subsidiaries across eight states. The position serves as the primary contact on all digital media initiatives and projects for internal business clients. This role will manage the overall day-to-day client correspondence on digital-specific campaigns to ensure client satisfaction and meet all digital media deliverables in a timely fashion. This role will also maintain and manage the integrity of the company’s multiple digital media platforms. The position requires a high-performing self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work with several teams on multiple projects, a passion for research and trends, the desire to turn insights into solutions, and the ability to build trust with clients and internal partners.
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
- A Comprehensive Relocation Plan is offered for this position! Our benefits include but are not limited to: home finding trip, transportation of household goods, temporary housing expenses, destination apartment search assistance, paid time off to move, transition and spousal career support, home finder and purchase assistance, relocation adjustment allowance, destination new purchase closing costs. Depending on individual circumstances, our benefit may also include trips home during temporary housing, renter’s lease cancellation assistance, or home marketing and sale closing cost assistance and/or purchase closing cost assistance. Contents of our relocation program are subject to change and may vary based on position.
SALARY RANGE: $82,100 - $114,110 (Base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant.)
CLOSING DATE: This position will close on February 19, 2019.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the company’s digital team and media strategies, including brand voice, brand positioning and brand standards on all digital media platforms including web, social and email.
- Implement the digital media strategy in coordination with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness. Review measurement goals in a timely and regular manner.
- Ensure digital media tools are kept up-to-date and are prominent on site and various pages.
- Mange digital media campaigns and day–to-day channel and account activities.
- Oversee creation of monthly client content calendars for various digital channels.
- Track, monitor and analyze performance of campaigns and paid and organic digital media activities.
- Stay current on digital design and marketing trends.
- Communicate key monthly analytic metrics to teammates and leadership and give updates on the success of digital campaigns.
- Collaborate with creative teammates in designing digital marketing assets across various platforms.
- Analyze campaign results and develop innovative and creative media content (photo, video, textual, and graphic) across all social media platforms
- Partner with customer service team to ensure proper communication regarding power outages, storm warnings and customer concerns.
- Build relationships with field representatives and community affair contacts to produce customer appropriate photos and videos to increase digital engagement in our service areas.
- Set up and manage client presence in digital sites, posting on relevant blogs and seeding content in digital applications as needed.
- Work with all contracted advertising/public relations agencies, when identified, to surface other content for digital distribution.
- Become an advocate of the clients in digital media space, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Provide regular reports showcasing overall growth of channels.
- Manage the monitoring of trends in the industry and be up-to-date on any emerging platforms.
- Utilize digital analytics tools to generate insights.
- Own special marketing projects as needed, especially regarding new and innovative ways to drive business.
- Educate the company on digital media best-practices and web standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Corporate Affairs, including Corporate Communications, Community Affairs and Governmental Affairs.
- Corporate departments, including Customer Service, Utility Operations, Utility Business Development, Investor Relations, Human Resources, Information Technology, Regulatory, Energy Efficiency, Legal and Corporate Governance.
- Management teams of Black Hills Energy’s natural gas and electric operating units and non-regulated businesses.
- Three years working in digital communications or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital communications, communications or related field required.
- Advanced knowledge of digital media content development and management.
- Advanced knowledge of digital social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Advanced knowledge of web-page and design software included in Adobe Creative Cloud and WYSIWYG editors.
- Working knowledge of web protocols such as HTML, CSS, XML and JSP.
- Knowledgeable about content management systems and templates – expertise in Drupal preferred.
- Familiarity with new web applications with understanding of methods used to further enhance websites.
- Understanding of web design issues, including browser usability and cross-platform compatibility.
- Knowledge of methods for tracking website usage by external audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High levels of self-motivation, curiosity and creativity.
- Ability to work productively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of business information.
- Ability to meet deadlines and enlist others’ support in ensuring timely project completion.
- Demonstrated interest in energy industry issues; commitment to life-long learning.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to evaluate the success of web work, including setting key performance indicators, monitoring visitor statistics, feedback and participation.
- Strong design and troubleshooting skills as well as an eye for detail.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential job functions of the position with or without accommodation.
About our Company: We are a growth-oriented, vertically integrated energy company that is devoted to our communities. We have a mission to improve life with energy and a vision to be the energy partner of choice. Our diverse culture sparks unique perspectives, opening doors to new ideas and possibilities. Based in Rapid City, South Dakota, we have over 2800 employees and serve 1.2 million natural gas and electric utility customers across eight states (South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Arkansas). Our non-regulated businesses generate wholesale electricity and produce natural gas, oil and coal.
Enjoy our Comprehensive Benefits Package: annual incentive program, 401(k) (6% company match and up to 9% company retirement contribution), paid time off, paid holidays and annual floating holidays, company paid short term and long term disability, paid maternity and paternity benefits, tuition reimbursement and competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically.
Black Hills Energy does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
We are an EEO Employer.