Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is undertaking a large-scale service analytics and big data platform initiative called ‘Nokia AVA’ and serving thousands to tens of thousands of internal and external users. This platform will enable Nokia and its customers to build the next generation of services for telecommunications and beyond, including transport, connected health and broader IOT. You will be joining a very dynamic and growing team of talented individuals, setting up state-of-the-art solutions for outstanding customer experience.
The Application Developer is responsible for the development of analytics Applications on a large-scale service analytics platform for various customers across the globe. Responsibility includes delivery of high quality use case Applications ready for use and deployment towards customers, meeting the business requirements and aligning with the solution vision and strategy.
As the primary interface of the Solution Owner, the Application Developer will report to the Head of Data Visualization. The Application Developer will have a strong influence on the technical design, and be expected to have a deep understanding of business and solution development context.
Application Developer Responsibilities and Duties:
- Understand the customer’s business context, objectives and requirements.
- Involvement in Requirement Analysis, Design, Development, Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and other facets of testing for example but not limited to Performance Testing:
- Convert functional specifications from business requirements into programming instructions for technical development of Applications.
- Break down major requirements in to small incremental value-add features and prioritize with Solution Owner.
- Prototype creative analytics solution mock-ups, and be able to collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
- Develop industrialized analytics solution leveraging Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale environment.
- Monitor operating efficiency and optimize solution execution performance.
- Support Solution Owner through the delivery process to customers:
- Execute the analytics solution development plan, resolves or escalates problems timely.
- Foster the Analytics Competence Center in developing enablement and e2e solution consultancy across Use Cases.
- Work harmoniously in a large cross-functional team including managers, supervisors, business analysts, systems personnel, network staff, and other developers.
Application Developer Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, or a business-related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a comparable role.
- Fully conversant with analytics and new technologies, strong knowledge of industry trends knowledge including products and services on Nokia’s core business.
- Experience consuming enterprise web-services (REST, JSON/XML, MySQL/PostgreSQL) and also expose own services to help design the next generation of back-end APIs and functionality.
- NoSQL technology experience such as Apache Cassandra or Parquet Files hosted on S3.
- Tomcat Application Server or equivalent Java Web Application Server.
- Experience in containerization/ dockerization of developed applications.
- Understanding of Java Development tools (IntelliJ IDEA) considered a plus.
- Mobile application development (iOS, Android) considered a plus.
- Modern software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, etc… including Test Driven Design and other testing methodologies. Use Git to manage source code.
- Sound methodical skills with attention to detail and process requirements.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize to ensure timely deliveries.
- Comfortable with working with multiple stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment of a global matrix organization with sensitivity and partnering.
- High energy, initiative, enthusiasm and persistence. English mandatory.