About the Role:
The successful candidate will participate in project teams, working with clients on the execution of various TMT engagements and also assist with ongoing business development activity.
As such, key activities include:
• Company financial analysis (knowledge of and experience in P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow assessments preferred)
• Market analysis
• Business plan development
• Identification of upside / downside potentials
• Financial/operational Excel modelling
• Strategy formulation
• Private equity due diligence reports
• Improvement concept development and implementation support
• Presentation writing
• Participation in client/internal meetings (regular and extensive travel requirement)
• Project or sub-team lead
• Demonstrable experience in the TMT industry (3+ years)
• Demonstrable consulting experience (2+yrs) with a premium consultancy
• Project experience in high paced environments where rapid results are required (e.g. due diligence, turnaround, rapid performance improvement)
• Work experience and the ability to demonstrate deliverable results across functions in the following focus areas:
o Market and competitor assessment
o Financial modelling
o Business plan review/development
o Pre deal due commercial and operational diligence
o Post merger integration
Skills and Competencies Required:
• Excellent consulting skills, specifically:
o Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with team members and clients at all levels using a range of styles to suit the audience
o Strong written communication skills with experience of producing client ready PowerPoint documents for senior audiences
o Relationship building skills, with the ability to quickly build rapport, develop strong working relationships and work in diverse teams
o Advanced analytics and modelling skills
o Proven ability to take a hypothesis driven approach to solve problems from first principals
o Excellent organisational and planning skills and confident working with a number of demanding stakeholders, with the ability to handle multiple tasks
o Equally strong EQ and IQ
• Strong commercial acumen/market awareness
• Flexible approach to work, with the desire and capability to work across sectors and project types, strategic and operational, for private equity and corporates
• Highly numerate with the ability to absorb and synthesis a high quantum of information
• Strong collaboration skills
• Desire and ability to learn and be active in further training
• Computer literate with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Fluent English speaker and writer
• Continental languages, especially German, Italian, French and Spanish, highly desirable
Educations and Qualifications Required:
• Educated to university degree level (or equivalent), preferably in a numerical degree or that has a numerical element
About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About the Business Transformation Practice (BT):
The Business Transformation Practice (BT) is a growing team focused on providing excellent Strategic and Operational Consulting to Private Equity and Corporate clients. BT sits within FTI’s Corporate Finance Team and forms an integral part of a uniquely wide range of Corporate Finance capabilities - from financial transaction support to restructuring. BT also benefits from working closely with the diverse industry and functional capabilities of the wider FTI Consulting organisation which has world class capability in Strategic Communications, Economics and Regulatory affairs, Technology and Financial Advisory.
BT serves private equity and corporate clients in critical situations, with particular emphasis on supporting transactions, restructuring situations, mergers and acquisitions and organisation transformation. Within BTP, we have a specific focus on the TMT sector.
Our services include pre-deal commercial and operations due diligence, post-merger integration, business plan development, restructuring and performance improvement including interim management. Our demanding customer base relies on small and senior teams. We assume active roles and responsibilities as required for the successful implementation of the change programme. Our employees deliver measurable results not only reports. Joint project teams with our client and our consultants ensure integrated solutions, knowledge transfer and timely and sustainable implementation of meaningful results.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.