About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About Corporate Finance:
Our Corporate Finance practice focuses on the strategic, operational, financial and capital needs of businesses. Our market leading Restructuring practice provides a wide range of financial and operational restructuring services and advice to underperforming and financially stressed businesses, their lenders, shareholders while the European Tax Advisory team is an expert led independent tax consulting practice in the UK, offering innovative solutions to problems faced by our wide range of clients across all industries, including a number of FTSE 100 organisations.
About Tax Advisory:
We provide corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Senior Director/Managing Director in our Tax Advisory practice, based in London with a specific focus on restructuring/M&A corporate tax experience.
The purpose of the role is to provide support to the senior team across a variety of corporate tax advisory projects including restructuring, reorganisation and M&A transactions. Typical projects include transaction structuring (both domestic and cross-border), group reorganisation, contingency planning (development of the ‘Plan B’), distressed debt advisory, and ultimate group rationalisation on wind-down. The role also involves corporate tax management and compliance including advising and providing ongoing compliance to Insolvency Practitioners in formal insolvency situations. Assisting with the guidance and development of the junior team is an essential part of the role and this person/role will act as one of the key members of client delivery teams.
• Actively keep up to date on specialist technical matters, contributing to thought leadership material as required
• Deal with detailed technical queries raised, coordinating the preparation of practical, robustly supported advice and structuring papers in a fast moving and dynamic environment
• Structuring transactions for maximum tax efficiency, including business acquisitions and disposals, pre-sale restructuring, debt-for-equity swaps and pre-pack administrations
• Preserving tax attributes
• Identifying cash opportunities, e.g., identifying and expediting tax refunds
• Advising distressed debt investors seeking to consolidate, restructure and derive value from the underlying assets in those portfolios.
• Liaise directly with clients and develop client relationships
• Understand project objectives, and client requirements and deadlines
• Plan project timetable and be responsible for progress and ultimate delivery; working with the senior team to manage and deliver the project
• Effectively manage the day to day client engagement to meet client expectations, budget and profit requirements
• Delegate tasks and lead the junior team in their day to day work
• Appropriately manage risk, ensuring all files and administrative tasks are up to date
• Attend, and in some cases lead, client meetings
• Support the team in their respective roles, as required.
• Actively participate in business development, as required
• Seek new project opportunities, utilising existing and new contacts
• Act as a positive role model to help recruit, develop and mentor the team.
• Assist in the team’s internal training programme
Education and Qualifications:
• Qualified to a degree level (2.1) or equivalent, ideally in a finance or numerical related subject
• ACA, CTA, or equivalent qualified
• 5-10 years PQE
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage a varied and dynamic workload under pressure
• An analytical and methodical approach
• Good commercial grounding and pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Team player but highly self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent attention to detail
• Resilient under pressure, ability to work to tight deadlines and remain focused
• Take active interest in the Corporate Tax market place and be familiar with recent industry developments and news worthy events
• The drive and ambition to progress and fulfil your full potential
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
• Hands on experience of transaction and restructuring/reorganisation taxes within a UK context is strongly preferred (including tax in formal insolvencies)
• Experience in UK corporate tax management & compliance, as well as advisory, is essential
• Previous experience working within a large tax consultancy firm strongly preferred
• Relevant taxation experience with large corporates (domestic and multi-national), private equity owned businesses or creditors/banks
• Experience operating at manager level within a similar environment is essential
• Proven experience in delivering projects and liaising directly with senior clients is also essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.