About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About Corporate Finance:
Our Corporate Finance practice focuses on the strategic, operational, financial and capital needs of businesses. Our market leading Restructuring practice provides a wide range of financial and operational restructuring services and advice to underperforming and financially stressed businesses, their lenders, shareholders while the European Tax Advisory team is an expert led independent tax consulting practice in the UK, offering innovative solutions to problems faced by our wide range of clients across all industries, including a number of FTSE 100 organisations.
About Tax Advisory:
We provide corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Roles:
We are interested in speaking to candidates looking for a variety of working time options - part time, full time, fixed term and permanent roles.
We have a number of opportunities across the Tax Advisory practice based in London to provide support to the team across a variety of tax compliance and advisory projects including restructuring, reorganisation, M&A transactions, tax risk management and group reporting engagements. The roles may involve preparing tax computations, clerical assistance to the team and advising and providing ongoing compliance services to clients.
• Understand the firm’s proposal and engagement process
• Use the firm’s ‘Solution’ process where applicable
• Compile project back-up files
• File all correspondence and data in project back-up file
• Take notes at project and client meetings and write up
• Conduct data analysis
• Draft reports
• Draft letters
• Complete computation checks
• Pass all work undertaken to the appropriate person for review
Education and Qualifications:
• Qualified to a degree level (2.1) or equivalent, ideally in a finance or numerical related subject
• ACA, ACCA, CTA or equivalent qualified is desirable
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage a varied and dynamic workload under pressure
• An analytical and methodical approach
• Good commercial grounding and pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Team player but highly self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent attention to detail
• Resilient under pressure, ability to work to tight deadlines and remain focused
• Take active interest in the Corporate Tax market place and be familiar with recent industry developments and news worthy events
• The drive and ambition to progress and fulfil your full potential
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
• Previous experience working within a large tax consultancy firm preferred
• Relevant taxation experience either with corporates, private equity or creditors/banks
• Experience in corporate tax management & advisory, real estate tax or transaction taxes preferable, but not essential
• Previous experience in tax computations
• Previous experience in ex revenue
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.