About FTI Consulting:
FTI Consulting is a global business advisory firm, dedicated to helping organisations navigate and manage a diverse range of complex issues and business challenges. Our expertise covers the spectrum of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Economic Consulting, Forensic & Litigation Consulting, Strategic Communications and Technology. We are a company of more than 4,600 professionals with annual revenues in excess of $1.8 billion, with offices located in every major business centre in the world.
Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields, and advise across a range of industries. Our clients engage us for high-stakes concerns or emerging opportunities that require specialised expertise, and over the past two decades we have been engaged to work behind the headlines on some of the biggest news stories to date.
FTI Consulting is a fast growing and vibrant place to work. Steered by our values of Integrity, Creativity, Achievement, Empathy and Respect, its meritocratic culture invites both collaboration and healthy debate. We are large enough to be trusted by our clients to solve their biggest issues and yet small enough to know our colleagues on a personal level enabling better team working and a supportive culture to develop your career goals and ambitions.
About Corporate Finance:
Our Corporate Finance practice focuses on the strategic, operational, financial and capital needs of businesses. Our market leading Restructuring practice provides a wide range of financial and operational restructuring services and advice to underperforming and financially stressed businesses, their lenders, shareholders while the European Tax Advisory team is an expert led independent tax consulting practice in the UK, offering innovative solutions to problems faced by our wide range of clients across all industries, including a number of FTSE 100 organisations.
About Tax Advisory:
We provide corporate tax advisory services to FTSE 100 and major corporations across a broad suite of tax services and technical specialisms. We are an independent expert led tax practice with definitive expertise across many areas of tax and a commercial approach to advising our clients. Our senior management team members are leaders in their field, qualified in accounting, tax, law and surveying and also includes valuations and technology experts and economists.
About the Roles:
We are currently seeking Newly Qualified Accountants with experience in general tax to join our London-based team.
Typical projects for the team include group tax reporting and compliance, tax risk management, transaction structuring (both domestic and cross-border), group reorganisation, contingency planning, VAT and employment tax advisory.
• Responsible for tax compliance and advisory matters, for example including tax reporting, tax risk management & either international or middle market advisory issues
• Deal with technical queries related to issues such as loan relationships, R&D tax credits, patent costs, M&A and restructuring related tax matters as required
• Liaise directly with clients and develop client relationships
• Understand project objectives, and client requirements and deadlines
• Assist in the planning of project timetables and be responsible for progress and ultimate delivery; working with the senior team to manage and deliver the project
• Appropriately manage risk, ensuring all files and administrative tasks are up to date
• Attend, and in some cases lead, client meetings
• Support the team in their respective roles, as required
• Act as a positive role model to help recruit, develop and mentor the team.
• Assist in the team’s internal training programme
Education and Qualifications:
• Qualified to a degree level (2.1) or equivalent, ideally in a finance or numerical related subject
• ACA, CTA, or equivalent qualified
• 0-3 years PQE
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Ability to prioritise and manage a varied and dynamic workload under pressure
• An analytical and methodical approach
• Good commercial grounding and pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Team player but highly self-motivated with a strong ability to take initiative
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess excellent attention to detail
• Resilient under pressure, ability to work to tight deadlines and remain focused
• The drive and ambition to progress and fulfil your full potential
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office
• Experience in tax compliance, including tax reporting & either international or middle market advisory
• Previous experience working within a large tax consultancy or accountancy firm preferred
• Proven experience in delivering projects and liaising directly with senior clients is also essential
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.