BI SaaS Performance, Scalability & Benchmark
(PSR) group works with applications development organization to
maximize the performance of the BI products. We review and approve
proposed designs. We participate actively in evolving development
processes, performance guidelines and best practices for the BI
development organization. We test the performance of the BI product. We
identify performance problems with the product and recommend
performance resolution to solve these problems. We produce BI
benchmarks, sizing , toolkits and performance whitepapers. In addition,
we help BI development resolve customer performance issues.
Senior Performance Engineer with a passion to improve the performance and quality of BI product for SaaS environment. Leverage your extensive implementation and design experience, proven Oracle Database/Java/C++, SQL, OBIEE. Essbase platform tuning of large, complex analytic applications to Identify, analyze and provide recommended solution quickly for performance issues encountered with the product.
The responsibilities will include:
• Analyze application performance and identifies issues by installing the required environment, executing the required test cases, identify the slow performing areas, review and provide potential solutions to these issues with due impact analysis.
• Work with development on critical customer performance issues.
• Understand/gather performance test requirements, prepare suitable test case and test plan
• Complete ownership and responsibility on installation, administration, data loading and tuning the BI environment
• Execute performance test for Out of the box reports, OBIEE, Essbase platform specific executions.
• Collect respect performance metrics and publish test results.
• Write shell/perl/Python/OATS/OpenScript script to automate the execution steps and also able to parse the logs to ensure we generate the reports.
Desired Profile :
• A self motivated person who loves technology and can quickly adapt to new tools/technologies and provide recommendations for the same in the ever changing cloud landscape.
• Able to work effectively is a very dynamic environment where things change quickly and requires a lot of self motivation to go around finding solutions.
• Extensive BI
implementation and design experience, proven Java/C++, Oracle Weblogic
Server, OBIEE, Essbase platform tuning of large,complex analytics
applications. Experience in Oracle Database and SQL tuning would be
• Master of performance testing, tuning & benchmarks concepts and methodologies.
• Experience working with Server side performance tuning activities for any BI tool would be a added advantage, if its a cloud BI tool or platform even better.
• Experience working any other in memory Database like Essbase/Server non Oracle ETL/reporting tools can be considered.
• Experience in designing and tuning BI cloud based source environment would be preferred.
• Medium to advance level UNIX administration skills is a must.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Regular Employee Hire
OracleRead Full Description