Software Engineer, Rapid Iteration
This is an opportunity to have a direct impact on the processes leveraged daily by engineers for rapid iteration and development of customer features for the Oracle NetSuite Service.
This greenfield project is focused on enabling our ability to solve unique customer challenges and prototype new features leveraging available and emergent Cloud technologies. In this role, you will help develop the software, workflow and tooling that will leverage our existing Infrastructure as Code frameworks to rapidly create custom customer environments in the Oracle Cloud. As a core member of our team, you would have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the foundation upon which Oracle NetSuite is built.
Job duties include:
- Building the core framework that will be used for the rapid development and iteration of the Oracle NetSuite Application within Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Understanding the requirements of multiple product teams in order to effectively develop tooling to assist them in meeting their goals and delivering the associated product features.
- B.S. or Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience translating feature specifications into software and supporting technical design documents.
- Experience provisioning, deploying, and managing complex application deployments in IaaS environments (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure).
- Familiarity with tools and process for Infrastructure as Code, including SaltStack and Terraform.
- Experience designing, architecting, and building maintainable systems used by other engineers.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey technical detail in clear and simple terms to a variety of audiences.
- Experience building cloud systems in Java, Scala or Python (or other scripting language).
- Passion for high-quality code.
- Interest and enthusiasm for new technologies that can be applied to large-scale cloud systems.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Regular Employee Hire
Read Full Description