About Oracle Production Engineering:
Oracle Cloud Production Engineering plays a critical role in delivering and supporting best-of-breed cloud solutions to Oracle customers.
Oracle Cloud is the industry’s broadest and most integrated public cloud. It offers best-in-class services across software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), and infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and even lets you put Oracle Cloud in your own data center. Oracle Cloud helps organizations drive innovation and business transformation by increasing business agility, lowering costs, and reducing IT complexity.
The Oracle Cloud has shown strong adoption, supporting 70+ million users and more than 30+ billion transactions each day. It runs in 19 data centers around the world.
Our team provides 24/7/365, follow-the-sun coverage while pushing the boundaries of what can be accomplished in the cloud. Advancing cloud computing means great growth opportunities, and highly rewarding experiences working in our expanding computing environments.
About Oracle Commerce Cloud Service Operations:
Oracle Commerce Cloud Service Operations provides world class immediate support for mission critical Commerce applications around the world. The Service Operations team plays a critical role in all aspects of the Customer’s lifecycle from Provisioning, Upgrading, Maintaining and Secure Decommissioning of services.
About The Job:
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class team to engineer cutting edge Oracle Cloud technologies and infrastructure that make up the Oracle Cloud solutions. As part of the team member, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to the Oracle Cloud success every day, working closely with the development partners.
As a team member, you will solve interesting technical challenges by defining, designing, deploying, and troubleshooting key Oracle Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance.
The ideal candidate for this engaging and visible technical leadership role would have the experience of a developer, the wits of a systems and infrastructure whiz, and the courage of a spirited "closer". All these qualities bundled up in an affable communicator in order to make our Oracle Cloud customers successful.
This position is part of a larger 24/7/365 organization and will work on a rotating shift schedule which will include a staggered Weekend schedule.
What You'll Do
• Service Ownership –You will be part of the team, whose mission is the shared full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas, with our Development partners.
• Ownership Scope – You will be a member of a team that will understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of the production services you own. In partnership with your Development partners, you and your team will have the responsibility to ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance. You are the ultimate authority and are accountable for the end-to-end performance and operability of the services they own.
• Service Design – As the Oracle Cloud evolves; you will partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture, both current and future. As a team member, you will be an expert at articulating technical characteristics of your services and the dependencies between services, and guide Development teams to engineer and add premier capabilities to the Oracle Cloud service portfolio.
• Operations Engineering – You will understand and be able to communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes and requirements of the services you own. You are a Subject Matter Expert, able to understand and communicate every characteristic of your service stack, such as:
• degradation and behavior under load of the services and their dependencies
• end-to-end tuning needs, optimizing resource utilization, as load patterns fluctuate
• Instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors
• scaling requirements and patterns resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup / restore and disaster recovery capabilities are implemented, tested and maintained
• Automation – You will have a clear understanding of automation and orchestration principles, and will be eager to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises, while simultaneously eliminating technical debt. Automation must be part of your DNA.
• Prevention - Once you have expertly resolved an issue, you will immediately work on how to more quickly resolve the problem next time, with the goal to eventually prevent the problem happening ever again
• Technical Experts - As service owner, you are the ultimate escalation point for complex or critical issues that have not yet been documented as SOPs for Level1 staff. You will usually get called in during major incidents as an SME, when the source of a problem is unclear. You will have the deep understanding of service topology and their dependencies required to troubleshoot issues and define mitigations.
What You Need to Have
A BS or MS in Compute Science, or equivalent
• High Availability Mission Critical Enterprise Applications
• Development in languages, such as Java, C#, C++
• Linux internals
• Scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
• Monitoring and Instrumentation, such as ThousandEyes, jMeter, Enterprise Manager, etc
• 8+ years’ experience running large scale customer facing web services
• Most importantly, the aptitude to be a good team player and the willingness to learn and implement new Cloud technologies as needed
• Methodical approach to troubleshooting complex problems
What The Perfect Candidate Will Have
• Payment processing and integrations
• REST APIs
• Load balancing technologies, including L7 routing, DNS, and CDN
• Networking and TCP/IP
• Server hardware configuration
• Standard Internet services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
• Cloud computing patterns
• IT Security and compliance, PCI and SOC 1 and 2 audit requirements
• Experience with ATG commerce application in either support, deployment or implementation roles
• Experience in supporting complex applications/products for world-wide customers over voice and e-mail.
• Knowledge of common Java debugging techniques. Receive advanced training in ATG’s product lines that need to be supported.
• Ability to work well and communicate effectively with application specialists, developers, designers, technical account managers, product managers, customer support personnel, and customers in a fast-paced environment.
• Competency or familiarity with enterprise application architectures and internetworking concepts (competency in networking, database, firewall, web servers (Apache), load balancers)
• Oracle Commerce or ATG Web Commerce
• Databases and big data stores
• Container and Container Management technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
• Defining and documenting technical architecture of complex and highly scalable products
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Be a part of the E-Business Suite success story. Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
Work closely with Oracle's internal business and development teams to drive the technical/functional global implementation of Oracle's applications internally. The main responsibilities may include: Manage all aspects of internal deployment projects and work closely with the internal teams on status, issues and communications. Define business specifications with the internal user community for the global deployment of the application. Define and drive business specifications for product and component integration points. Map standard application functionality to global/local business specifications. Manage product gaps from business specifications to product enhancement and/or business process change. Gather specifications and drive solutions from a global perspective across the e-Business Suite. Define product enhancements to drive solutions across the e-Business Suite for all customers. Manage product setup definition and configuration along with internal business process teams. Manage all aspect of product rollout and coordination with internal teams. Define specifications for data migration from legacy systems into newer applications. Define specifications for data interfaces between applications for product rollouts. Manage user acceptance testing and transfer of information to internal teams. Provide technical support for implemented applications; diagnosing and reporting bugs, applying patches and upgrades as needed. Establish priorities for feasibility studies, systems design and implementation to develop new and/or modify the company*s information processing systems. Coordinate with functional departments involved to collect system specifications, techniques, and controls. Interact with senior management within Product Development, Business organizations and Global IT.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Individual should hold at least eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Regular Employee Hire
Read Full Description