The Collision Repair Estimator is responsible for providing customers with automotive repair estimates and relating this information to the Collision Technician so that the unit can be repaired in a timely fashion.
Who Would I Interact With?
This position interacts daily with Customers, Service Advisors, Technicians, Parts Associates, Collision Managers and other store Associates, just to name a few.
What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
- Prepare all damage reports in an accurate and efficient manner
- Obtain all signatures, work authorizations and powers of attorney
- Negotiate an agreed price on every job prior to processing the job
- Review all final bills and supplemental billings prior to delivery of the vehicle
- Review the completed vehicle to check quality and thoroughness
- Greet each customer in the process of getting a vehicle repaired
- Make every effort to satisfy the customer's needs in regards to their automotive repair
- Assertively inform the customer that we feel we are the best choice for them to have their car repaired
- Make every effort to make a customer or potential customer feel comfortable and welcome during the sales and estimate process or whenever visiting the shop
What are the requirements for this job?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles
- Must have a valid driver's license
- I-CAR Certification (preferred)
- ASE certification (preferred)
- Ability to operate an automobile
AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Read Full Description