OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 2,000+ governments using our product (and growing fast!) in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
About the Accounting Manager Role
The Accounting team is currently seeking an Accounting Manager. This position will report to the Senior Director and Corporate Controller and will be based at our headquarters in Redwood City. As Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for many aspects of general ledger-related activities ranging from proper application of US GAAP to accounting transactions, month and year-end close, and balance sheet account reconciliation.
This position requires working with various cross-functional departments to complete daily accounting activities. You will participate in early stage SOX compliance and documentation and lead our annual external audits. We are seeking a candidate with excellent problem-solving skills, good communication skills and who enjoys working in a challenging, growing and fast–paced environment.
• Manage the monthly close process
• Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for various Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
• Own the consolidation process including intercompany entries and managing additional entities
• Prepare monthly internal and external financial statements
• Assist in technical financial reporting research
• Assist or prepare schedules to support management reporting and to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting
• Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners and FP&A by providing financial insights and relevant reporting
• Assist with documentation and information required for year-end audit
• Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures
• Identify areas for process improvement especially in the Accounts Payable cycle and provide recommendations and execute on the changes
• Play an active role in systems enhancements and upgrades. You will be tasked with being the power user for our accounting system and developing new financial reports
• Assist Corporate Controller with income and other tax compliance
• Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• 6 to 10 years of experience which includes working at a venture backed software start-up
• Strong core accounting and financial reporting skills
• Payroll administration a plus
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
• Motivated self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a cross functional team
• Positive, energetic and optimistic attitude, with a willingness to proactively roll up your sleeves
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
• Experience with Intacct a plus
• Experience with ADP a plus
• Public accounting experience a plus
• Some domestic travel may be required
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $80 million, Series C company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Quadruple growth with 2,000+ government customers (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 95% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government. We're powering more effective and accountable government. Come join us and make a positive social impact!Read Full Description