OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 2,000+ governments using our product (and growing fast!) in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
As a member of the Sales team, you will be responsible for driving new, incremental sales revenue through ~20 deals a year.
This role is an Account Executive role ( travel required) and ideal for candidates who are ready to take their career to the next level selling a SaaS (Budgeting, Performance) solution that is truly making a positive social impact!
***This position can based anywhere in the Mid Atlantic area .***
• Drive entire sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing with emphasis on high volume deals
• Secure new clients for core SaaS platform
• Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types
• Quickly develop thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including local, state, federal governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts.
• Forecast accuracy and leverage MEDDIC framework weekly
• Exceed revenue targets by selling at prevailing rates
• Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls
• Share the OpenGov vision and product technically via teleconference and in-person presentations with government officials
• Convince and command on the phone, and to quickly establish credibility and rapport
• 2-5 years of experience selling technology with documented results in a high-paced environment
• Successful sales experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is ideal
• SaaS Prospecting and Sales/Sales Development Experience Required
• Passionate about selling technology and what it can do for society
• Ability to have financial, initiative-based, and budget related conversations with government executives
• Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
• Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
• Acute self-awareness and desire to grow within an organization, personally and professionally
• Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
• BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field
• Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
Check out our Career Video to see what it's like to work at OpenGov: Click here
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $80 million, Series C company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Quadruple growth with 2,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 95% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government. We're powering more effective and accountable government. Come join us and make a positive social impact!Read Full Description