Freshly is one of the fastest-growing food-tech startups and the largest fresh-prepared meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easier by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to consumers. We’re passionate about changing the food industry by pioneering a new way to think about meal delivery, access to fresh and healthy food, and how we eat in general. If helping build a brand that will fundamentally transform an industry is exciting to you, read on!
With over $100MM in funding raised to date, we’re now looking for an exceptionally talented Area Culinary Lead to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a company that is reshaping an industry.
As a Freshly Area Culinary Lead, you will be responsible for leading culinary-driven production to deliver chef-quality prepared meals to Freshly customers. You will lead production teams to optimize operational efficiency while ensuring a world-class customer experience through consistent, delicious product quality. You will be working across the Freshly organization to launch a new Freshly meal every week, at lightning speed.
- Plan, organize, lead and control the Freshly production operation to ensure safety/food safety, product quality and team engagement.
- Orchestrate and oversee all scale-up production runs, and associated product needs, to support weekly launches of new meals.
- Apply and manage training materials required to support production efficiency and specification compliance.
- Partner with Culinary Development to ensure successful new meal launches and to optimize operational standards and capacity.
- Ensure comprehensive and detailed implementation of weekly new meals.
- Provide leadership in measuring, assessing and enhancing production capabilities and performance.
- Ensure that all quality standards, specifications and procedures are met.
- Drive continuous operational improvements and product enhancements.
- Develop and drive a performance-based culture with open/honest dialogue and cross-functional engagement.
- Lead new equipment recommendation/justification and associated testing.
- Set team performance expectations to deliver against Freshly production efficiency, brand standards and business objectives.
- Ensure quality, safety and good manufacturing practices (GMPs) are followed.
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Must have insane passion for delicious, healthy food product development and high quality assurance standards.
- 3+ years experience in food production and/or quality assurance and/or commercialization and/or product development for manufacturing and/or large volume food service.
- Culinology Degree, Food Science Degree, Culinary Degree or equivalent background and experience.
- Certifications a plus, but not required.
- Meticulous attention to detail including strong analytical, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Comfortable with changing tasks frequently and working in ambiguity.
- Ability to taste, smell and see well enough to discriminate quantity and quality of individual flavor components.
- Knowledge of the current regulatory requirements and operating standards - USDA, FDA.
- Applied experience with manufacturing safety/food safety principles (ex. GMP, HACCP, SQF, BRC).
- Ability to stay current with food industry trends especially related to product development, functional ingredients, equipment technology and regulatory requirements.
- Moderate to advanced skills in Google.
- Experience with ERP Systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of larger team.
- High motivation to learn, develop and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Job requires prolonged periods of standing.
- Able to work in hot areas, as well as a climate-controlled cold area at 30-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
Freshly delivers chef-prepared, ready-to-eat healthy meals to customers’ doorsteps through a weekly subscription model. The menu is designed using whole, natural ingredients - every meal is packed with high-quality proteins, heart-healthy fats, and nutrient-dense carbohydrates. Freshly meals NEVER contain gluten, refined sugars, or artificial additives. Freshly’s team of chefs do all the cooking and meals arrive fresh (never frozen) and are ready to eat within 3 minutes. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here's some recent chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Description