Seeking a BI Data Engineer to be part of our Carmel, Indiana based Business Intelligence team. Our growing, multi-billion dollar business is investing heavily in BI technology and people, and are hungry for data and analytics. We work in a collaborative, fast paced environment and are looking for individuals who are self-motived and excited about the ever-evolving data and technology space. We are actively recruiting for multiple positions and willing to invest in training for the right candidates.
In this role, you will collaborate with business partners, for assessing needs and gathering requirements, as well as with technical system owners, for determining data location and system specifications. This role will also require extensive data profiling and analysis, including the ability to provide interactive visualizations. This role will be expected to perform multiple functions, including data discovery and analysis, data modeling, data movement, and data transformation. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud based ‘big data’ technologies (Azure PaaS offerings preferred)
- Build analytics tools that provide actionable insights into customer acquisition and retention, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Opportunity to lead BI modernization in order satisfy our data starved business partners
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3+ years of data engineering experience in the context of data warehousing and BI
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Advanced ability to visualize data (Tableau experience preferred)
- Intermediate data warehousing and mart experience
- Self-motivated and committed to quality work
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured and semi-structured datasets preferred
- ETL and data pipeline experience preferred
- Cloud experience preferred
- Azure (SQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, HDInsight, Data Lake Store / Blob Storage, Data Factory)
- AWS (RDS / Aurora, Redshift, EMR, S3, Data Pipeline)
- Object-oriented/object function scripting language experience preferred (Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, etc.)
- Big data technology experience preferred (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores preferred