Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Join the digital business team at Bosch that is helping to propel digital transformation across the organization. Welcome to Bosch.
Summer-of-Coding internship in the Bosch Digital Business group based in Mount Prospect, Illinois (Chicagoland). This internship will focus on software design, develop and testing of IT solutions involving Web applications, Web APIs, and advanced database SQL and NoSQL systems.
Required Skill Set
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited university pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or comparable degree (mathematics, or similar).
- Has started to learn how to program in C#, Java, Python, and Go (and has accumulated approximately one year of experience).
- Has already started 200-level course work spanning algorithms, database systems, data analytic techniques, embedded microcontrollers, user experience (design), or similar.
- Minimum of overall GPA of at least 3.0.
Preferred Additional Skills
- Familiar with IoT, Connected Industry, and Big Data Concepts in a production/warehouse environment.
- Possess effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Be able to present complex technical ideas in user-friendly language
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer-service awareness/orientation
The best candidate will:
- Cite at least one example of project (coursework) demonstrating software design and development.
- Highlight their code development activities outside of the classroom (whether this was in a past internship, previous job experience and/or open-source / development project based on a specific interest).
- Highly self-motiviated individual who can working independently but also contribute to a team.
To qualify for Bosch’s Domestic Internship Program, you must:
- Be a full-time student or recent graduate (<6 months) at an accredited university
- Maintaining at least a 3.0 GPA in a degreed program
- Not now or in the future require sponsorship
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics)Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)