RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here.
Consumer Product Insights is an product research team within RB R&D challenged with developing and delivering an innovation focused on embedding consumer insights, preference and appeal into product propositions in the NPD process, with the aim to develop “Wow” consumer product experiences. CPI are responsible for the interpretation of consumer needs and market opportunities (provided by category marketing and CMI) as product embodiments or, with the support of category colleagues, new business opportunities outside of physical product-in-box. CPI are responsible for building consumer sentiment into the product innovation programs of R&D through the planning and management of innovation in-the-field, consumer observation, provocation, prototyping and other consumer-product touch point activities. CPI is multi-disciplinary and autonomous in the strategy it employs to deliver against its objectives requiring leadership and sound business understanding from all team with their centre of excellence members.
The CPI Sensory Manager is responsible for the delivery of consumer research to aid in the product development process, to consumer sensory studies, substantiate claims and identify product outperformance of new product developments. The CPI sensory manager is the strategic champion of all consumer sensory activities conducted by CPI, they are responsible for driving excellence in product sensory performance and must collaborate with Category R&D and CDO innovation teams to identify, develop and streamline R&D sensory test methods for maximum synergy across the business. In addition, the CPI sensory team will also undertake product insights projects when deemed necessary and practical.
The CPI Sensory Manager will manage a team of consumer research & Sensory specialists located with primarily sponsors.
· The CPI Sensory Manager will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of numerous research programs including but not limited to:
o The planning and execution of Sensory testing of regulated health products in multiple geographies.
o The planning and execution of product performance/Claim support testing of general products across multiple geographies.
o The planning and execution of product insights research on both regulated and general products across multiple geographies when required.
· The CPI Sensory Manager is responsible for driving a continuous improvement program within CPI specifically aimed at improving all aspects of sensory research methodologies.
· The CPI Sensory Manager is responsible for ensuring that all product research meets the legal, regulatory and safety requirements of both the geography of study and RB’s internal policies.
· The CPI Sensory Manager is responsible for personnel management of the direct reports, training and team engagement.
· Profound Consumer science experience within FMCG or consumer health companies (or)
· Experience in a company or consultancy where consumer research is a key deliverable.
· Strong experience and background in the planning and management of regulated consumer sensory research.
· Ability to integrate sensory and consumer methods into research plans, integrate data and draw conclusions that could generate motivating concepts in line with brand strategy.
· Ability to adapt strategies and research plans to fit end goals of stakeholders.
· Excellence at presenting to small/medium groups and senior management.
· An interest in and preferably experience with managing small teams.
· An excellent team player, willingness to become part of a very close-kn team and work in collaborative fashion with team members.
· Must be self-motivated, a natural leader and ambitious.
· Degree level in a technical, design or psychological discipline and/or industry qualification in market research / consumer science disciplines.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.