RB is different: ‘good enough’ isn’t good enough here.
RB is the world's leading consumer health and hygiene company, We work with the best people to challenge conventional thinking and keep giving people innovative solutions for healthier lives and happier homes, through our brands like Nurofen, Strepsils, Mucinex, Dettol, Lysol, Finish and Vanish.
A fantastic opportunity is available for a Senior Associate – Consumer Product Insights based in Hull.
The purpose of this role is to lead Healthcare Consumer Product Evaluation related project to aid in the product development process, to select a lead product sensory option, to substantiate claims and identify product outperformance of new product developments.
Strategically partner with R&D and Category Development Organisation (CDO) innovation teams to design the right consumer product research to answer key business questions.
They provide insightful and RB relevant data/insights to enable business growth.
Supporting the commercial development and engender future growth of the RB Power brands portfolio through generating and interpreting data on consumers’ opinions and behaviours, underpinning technical product development.
Geographical remit is mainly the UK or the wider European region. Power brands they are responsible for include Scholl, Strepsils, Nurofen, Gaviscon, Nutramigen, Dettol etc.
The CPI Senior Sensor Associate manages a small team of technical specialists located primarily with their centre of excellence sponsors.
- Design, execute and manage quantitative and qualitative consumer research studies (i.e. focus groups, 1:1 interviews, ethnography, online surveys etc.), to produce actionable consumer insights and meet the required standards, project objectives and agreed timelines.
- To proactively identify and trial new consumer sensory research approaches and methodologies to gain and explore superior and emerging behaviours and insights.
- To build and manage efficient and productive local, consumer or employee panels to give the RB community access to consumers in your region.
- To develop and execute capabilities in support of RB initiatives in:
- Prototype evaluation and proof of performance feedback.
- Technical validation of product vs initial proposal. Congruence check.
- Sensory evaluation of developmental or marketed products.
- Claims support studies.
- To identify, form and manage productive relationships with appropriate third parties with value added external consumer capability.
- To ensure that all consumer work complies with Consumer Research codes of best practice and that data protection requirement are adhered to.
- To promote and maintain a safe working environment through compliance with established company and regulatory policies.
- To actively participate in the development and implementation of best practices across the CPI team.
- To lead the sensory capability building in UK (Wren facility).