Kenworth Truck Company
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks.
The Software Engineer will need to have a solid background and experience developing software using Microsoft technologies. A successful candidate will be highly self-directed, an excellent problem-solver, communicator and be able to work with all levels of the organization.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the development and enhancement of applications using Web and Client technology on a variety of hardware platforms in a fast paced environment. The development and enhancement activities will primarily use Visual Studio (ASP.NET, C# and VB.net).
- Develop and support a broad spectrum of client-server and web based applications for business and manufacturing using MVC,C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net and SQL Server.
- API Connect and Web Services (REST & SOAP), Micro services and containers knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge and experience with Octopus and TFS for DevOps
- Work with management and users to define, develop, and implement innovative business solutions.
- Provide technical estimates
- Perform thorough unit testing and some functional testing as needed
- Demonstrated Software design and Technical Architecture Experience
- Work with distributed users and resources in developing common solutions.
- Azure and/or AWS Cloud experience is a plus
- Five years’ experience developing applications using MVC,C#, .Net Core, VisualStudio.net,VB.Net,ASP.Net, SQL Server.
- Two years’ experience developing application using HTML5, jQuery, Angular and/or React
- Database Skills: SQL Server and Teradata (Oracle is a plus)
- Windows Forms, Web Forms, WCF & ASMX Services, hosting using IIS Server.
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated strong communication skills and self-motivation.
- Act with Integrity
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Drive for Results
- Influence Others
- Lead Innovation and Quality Initiatives
- Manage Execution
- Manage Talent
- Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
- B. S. Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field is required.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Developer, Oracle, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Database, Technology