Join us on our exciting journey! IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics of STI Technology Limited’s Data Solutions department, the Business Analyst provides strategic support to the organization, clients and business partners through analyzing and interpreting data. The Business analyst is accountable for the development of methodologies and rules to ensure the accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of all data and will be responsible to handle all assigned issues and concerns relating to data. A key accountability for this role will be to analyze trends, identify areas of potential concern and present viable solutions. The candidate must be able to create and positively influence working relationships at all levels and present information clearly and concisely.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Contributing to internal brainstorming sessions to develop project methodology and recommendations
- Working with STI’s client facing teams to expand STI’s current data offerings and to add more value to STI’s intelligent reimbursement solutions
- Building data value into STI’s patient support programs
- Conducting independent desk research to a specific need by using internal and external sources
- Develop models with advanced data visualization that identify and forecast trends and cause-effect relationships, lead to recommendations, and measurably maximize operational efficiency
- Creating sections of reports, presentations and other client deliverables
- Presenting to client audiences via tele/video conference or in-person meetings
- Building professional relationships with members of the STI Account Management and Program Management teams
- Acquiring deep knowledge of STI data sources, acting as the SME to other cross functional account team peers
- Proactively developing knowledge of the healthcare industry and STI methodologies
- Assisting in client proposal development
- Performing database analysis to answer questions from the client support group
- Learning various databases (tables and structure) that feed, or draw, to, or from, different software systems
- Collaborating with colleagues to identify data related problems and propose workable solutions
- Conducting thorough problem investigation and evaluations
- Ensuring high quality and integrity of all data collected and performing in-depth analysis of information using various statistical methods to identify patterns, trends or anomalies
- Monitoring and maintaining the quality of the reporting systems
- Sharing knowledge of analysis techniques and report coding with other colleagues
- Under-graduate degree, preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analysis, Computer Science or Engineering
- Fluency in oral and written English is required, English and French preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of professional working experience in data management, analytics and or data mining required, preferably in a pharmaceutical company, health insurance, or other healthcare organization
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries to extract and integrate data from multiple database sources
- Experience with SAP, Salesforce, Tableau and other BI reporting tools
- Fundamental understanding of analyzing and managing large sets of data is required
- Experience setting and managing metrics that drive project success
- The ability to work independently and to work with others (within department and cross-functionally) in a team
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- The ability to explain complex or technical processes to someone who has little knowledge of the subject
- Flexibility/ability to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled'
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes. Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there! We invite you to join IQVIA™Job ID: