Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That’s Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers – and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigates and analyzes existing systems and business requirements in order to provide cost effective and efficient solutions to business needs.
- Designs and develops application code for solving complex problems in order to meet Travelers business requirements.
- Performs all levels of testing, including unit, integration, regression, system, and user acceptance testing to ensure that applications will perform error free and according to business specifications when promoted to production.
- Provides planning, organization, and control while leading a small team of one or two programmers in project work to ensure that high quality solutions are developed to meet business requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for Application Services to ensure high quality in all deliverables and continuous improvement in application development.
- Provides mentoring to the Programmers and Programmer/Analysts in order to help them progress in their professional development and optimize performance.
College diploma, with a major in computer science, or equivalent technology experience. Three years of programming experience.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
One and a half years experience as a programmer, plus two and a half years as a programmer/analyst. Experience in project development using a system development life cycle methodology, experience in mentoring junior staff, and three years coding experience (with at least two of those coding complex business requirements).
- Proficient in the use of at least one programming language, preferably COBOL or Java. In depth knowledge of an Information Services environment. (i.e., Client/Server, MVS, and the use of tools such as COMPAREX, FILEAID, etc.). Proficient in the use of structured analysis and design.
- Must have 2 years experience in Guidewire/Claim Center.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.