ELE International specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of high quality construction materials testing equipment and environmental instrumentation. Our products are backed by global customer service, with comprehensive technical and applications support.
ELE International was founded in 1961 to supply testing equipment to the Construction Materials Industry. The Environmental Division, specialising in international projects, was created in 1983. Product sales, service and advice is available from strategically located offices in the UK and USA, supported by regional offices with ELE associates located in Asia and the Middle East.
ELE International provides the expertise needed for accurate, reliable and consistent construction materials testing.
Overall Purpose of the Job
The primary role of this position is to grow and develop ELE International’s civil engineering materials equipment sales in the Africa & Projects business. This will be achieved through strengthening the existing distributor network, finding and developing new distributors/resellers and generating demand with target end-users. Developing project business, identifying project opportunities, closing the sale and following the projects through to completion.
Description of Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Perform all sales activity within Africa & Projects through Distributors and key customers including:
- Preparing quotations
- Emphasizing service or product features and benefits
- Lead generation,
- Key product promotion,
- Face-to-face sales
- Managing distributor target expectations and monitoring achievement
- Strengthen Distributor network in Africa & Projects
- Identify project opportunities through Government and Aid-funded agencies
- Work with Distributors to develop a business plan for developing their geographic market. This would include market segments, visits to support the distributor, training, promotion, market research, payment terms, credit terms.
- Annually submit and implement a detailed business plan identifying: sales objectives, sales opportunities, and major customers for the following fiscal year.
- Participate in sales activities including: customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations and customer seminars.
- Negotiation to win orders with most beneficial commercial and financial terms
- Responsible for development and analysis of market information for strategic planning purposes.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer information on SAP CRM system
- Collect and report information on all competitive activity within the assigned territory.
- Frequent regional travel will be necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Regional Sales Manager, Africa & Projects reports directly to the Senior International Sales Manager.
- Members of ELE International Sales Team
- Operations Team
- Finance Team
- Engineering Team
Measures of Performance
- Achievement of revenue and sales of key products in Africa & Projects from existing and potentially new Distributors or Re-sellers
- Demonstrating proper distribution management for performance metrics monitoring and funnel opportunities follow up
- Achievement of Revenue and sales of key products in Africa & Projects from end-users
- Evidence of strong customer relationships gained through growing sales activity
- Evidence of good time management and planning, ie all bid opportunities completed in a thorough and timely manner
- Adherence to strategy, sales plan, KPI’s and targets in a manner which meets or exceeds expectations
- Adherence to the Danaher Standards of Conduct
Background & Skills Required
- Minimum of two years selling successfully in Africa & experience of managing turnkey projects
- Familiar with the concept of a pipeline through which opportunities progress & with a higher chance of winning as more information is collected
- Clearly knows how to qualify and close an opportunity, i.e. make a judgment on whether or not it can be won and how, by finding out about the different KDMs involved and probing budget availability, reasons for need, purchase deadlines etc
- Knows how to assess the potential of a distributor and monitor/grow their performance
- Export Sales Experience
- Knowledge of commercial export credit terms
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong market awareness (competition, market information)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office, CRM systems, and the internet
- Ability to adapt to ELE CRM/SAP system quickly
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Experience representing products that are technical in nature
- Will have a strong technical background ideally in mechanical or electronics engineering
Personal Trait Profile
- Must be a self-starter, show initiative and display a positive attitude
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to any given situation
- Confident and calm in all circumstances
- Driven and focused on achieving demanding goals, continuous improvement and high standards at all times
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills of all types and at all levels
- Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle several projects at once
- Ability to assimilate and analyse market information to understand both the competition and the customer, in order to make sound commercial decisions and pre-empt customer needs
- Must be able to work effectively in a virtual-team environment
Expectations of the Role
- To meet or exceed monthly and annual targets
- To take ownership of the assigned area of responsibility
- To participate fully in training sessions, meetings, skill building and professional development classes
- To co-operate with Sales team to determine essential strategic approaches for sales
- To attend sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts, reporting on market situation
- To ensure excellent customer service at all times and to act as ambassador for the company
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
EMEA-Middle East/Africa (MEA)-South Africa-Gauteng-Northriding
Read Full Description