OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series C, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
We have surpassed 1,900+ government clients (and growing fast!) in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
This position can be based in Redwood City HQ or Chicago (we are building out a new Chicago office in 2019).
• Generate ongoing go-to-market messaging and positioning to inform content creation and GTM strategy
• Research public sector market dynamics, including pains, priorities, news, legislation, customers, in-house sales, product, and Customer
• Success resources to inform our value proposition and position within the market.
• Collateral and content creation: Generate company slide decks, product and process one-pagers, field enablement materials, e-books, training and other marketing videos, among other key content.
• Identify competitive differentiators to inform messaging and positioning showcased in internal and external-facing content
• Product and feature launches: Work with cross-functional team to generate and execute against internal and external launch plans.
•Pricing and packaging: Develop pricing strategy with cross-functional team, generate and update internal/external documentation with Field Operations and Business Development teams.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience marketing technology with documented results in a fast-paced environment
• Successful marketing experience in SaaS B2B, government, finance, budgeting, business intelligence, analytics, performance management, and/or accounting software is ideal
• Passionate about marketing mission-driven technology to the public sector market
• Ability to hold financial, initiative-based, and budget related conversations with government executives and other market stakeholders
• Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct, and strong ability to execute on multiple priorities at once
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change and competing priorities
• Documented ability to product high-quality content at scale; ability to share high-quality content/deliverables created in prior roles
• Acute self-awareness and desire to grow within an organization, personally and professionally
• Minimum of BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or other related field
• Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: $80 million, Series C company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
» Growth: Quadruple growth with 1,900+ government customers (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, Unlimited PTO and 11 paid holidays, 95% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look at www.opengov.com/careers
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government. We're powering more effective and accountable government. Come join us and make a positive social impact!Read Full Description