If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Provides consulting and implementation service including requirements gathering, analysis, solution development, knowledge transfer and project closeout both off and on customer site; assists sales teams with relevant activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provides timely, professional and quality delivery outputs on assigned projects, leveraging expertise in the application of specific SAS technologies, solutions, methodologies, and project experiences.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains including Proof of Concept and solution demonstrations.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Contributes to detailed technical documentation as required, such as requirements, design, administration and user guides.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Works and collaborates with others on consulting projects and special projects as assigned.
- May conduct customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting and presentation.
- May lead knowledge transfer sessions internall and/or with customers.
- Participates as part of a larger team in requirements and design sessions
- Works on tasks assisgned by senior resources
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Developing a fundamental understanding of SAS products, architecture and implementation best practices
- Transactional and dimensional data modeling knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of SAS Entity Guide, traditional SAS programming, SQL and Macro Programming
- Knowledge of database (Oracle or Teradata or SQL Server)
- Knowledge of data integration tools (SAS Data Integration, Power Center, Data Stage) and Reporting Tools (SAS VA, Tableau, MicroStrategy, QlikView)
- Previous experience in consulting and / or implementation of medium and high complexity projects involving business and multidisciplinary team issues
- Ability to perform project tasks as assigned
- Travel as business requirements dictate